Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

There Is A Freshness In The Air!

Yesterday was a total write off for me. I woke up feeling horrible as my body was being invaded with germs. I had to cancel plans for a lunch outing and ended up staying home, in my pink bathrobe, puttering between the bed and the living room. I truly felt like I had hit the wall full force.

Instead of pushing it, I 'took the day off'. Which is a rather ridiculous statement considering I've been told (by my husband) that mums do not get sick days. The thing is, I'm a type 1 diabetic and pregnant, so I really need to make my health a # 1 priority. This meant calling my husband home from work to help watch Ben so I could take care of myself.

I lazed in bed for most of the day sniffling and sneezing, sometimes dozing and sometimes entertaining Ben with books and puzzles while I lay in bed. I felt absolutely wretched all day and well into the night. Today I woke up and *sniff sniff* the yucky symptoms and miserable feelings were 90% gone! So, the house was tidied and the dozen or so tissues laying in my bedsheets were cleaned up. Ben and I walked along the seawall and took in the glorious Vancouver morning.

There is a freshness in the air that lets me know it is truly September. While we can still get away with wearing sandals and t-shirts right now, bringing a sweater along is starting to become a must! We capped off our morning with a little art on the patio back at home, Apartment Baby style!





5 comments:

Natasha Bramfield said...

I love September! All the potential new starts. The feeling that Fall has arrived and I can wear socks and burn pumpkin scented candles and bake apple pie. Seriously. Awesome!

September 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM  
Ashley said...

So glad you're on the mend!

September 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM  
Lisa S. said...

It was a beautiful day.  We headed to the PNE and it was glorious.  Glad you are feeling better.

September 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

I am so happy that this little 'Summer Cold' was a short lived event! :)

September 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

A perfect Vancouver day for an outside outing! We went to the playground 3 times today. Got to make use of the weather...until...you know (the rain comes). 

September 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails