Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

The Unfolding Of A Random Day

Yesterday was a great day for us! Despite the early morning wake up call (5:50 AM for the record!) my sweet husband got up and took the first half an hour of the day, leaving me in my sleepy slumber. I woke up to the smell of coffee being brought to me in bed and a little chirpy voice declaring, 'open your eyes mummy!'.

6:30 AM I lounged in bed sipping my delicious coffee and playing with my boy. I'm lucky that he is a lounger like me and enjoys hanging out in bed in the mornings. I'm also lucky that my husband fed him eggs and toast before bringing him into me. Full toddler tummy= more lounging time for mummy.

8 AM At this point I'm already busy cleaning the apartment; doing dishes, vacuuming the whole place, putting on a load of wash. Just the usual day to day kind of tidy. The great thing about living in an apartment is, there is a lot less space to clean on a regular basis. I also was a super multi tasker and deep conditioned my hair at the same time. Look at me go.

11 AM We have our weekly gym class just up the road at Jump Gymnastics. Ben has been taking classes on and off since he was about 8 months old and really loves the climbing and tumbling.

12 Noon It's time to meet up with a girlfriend for lunch in Yaletown. Thanks in part to the physical activity he had just before, Ben is a good boy in the restaurant . We (wine) and dine and actually have a conversation while munching on chicken Caesar salad.

2 PM I'm a lucky girl and get to watch my friends 8 week old baby while she heads out to do some shopping. I try out her new Gorgeous Baby pouch sling and the baby really digs it. In fact, she falls fast asleep on me in 3 minutes flat and makes my heart pitter patter. At one point I try to take her out of the sling but she squawks. Apparently she'd much rather be snuggling and that is just what we do!


How can you resist sweet baby snuggles?

4 PM My girlfriend comes back to pick up her baby and I sadly gave her baby back (whom I'm sure I must have smooched about 1,000 times in 2 hours).

6 PM Ben and I head out to the private grand opening of a local Yaletown baby shop, Saf and Benjamin. I sip Prosecco, mingle and do a lot of browsing. I love this shop! Besides all of the fantastic products, this shop has a family bathroom with a change table and also a seat to nurse your baby in. I'm digging thoughtful touches like this!













8 PM My husband and I eat sushi together at the table. Ben has a burst of energy and runs around the apartment. It is time for bed for this boy! I have some mindless Thursday night TV to lose myself in.


I really love days like this. There is no stress or rush, just positive moments that just happen to unfold.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are the kind of days that just seem like they say "Ahhhhh" 

May 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM  
Kelly G. said...

 I dislike the 630 AM part but I am loving all of the other parts! It looks like a really awesome day!

May 13, 2011 at 4:47 PM  
Tarable said...

Oh that does sound like a lovely day.  I want one like that!! 

May 13, 2011 at 5:52 PM  

 Today was filled with toddler tantrums and a  3 AM wake up call that didn't end till 430 AM. I guess you win some and you...... some other ones.  :)

May 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM  

 I agree. I'm just glad that I documented it to remind me on those 'off days'!! Love days that fill so complete and good.

May 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM  
Mamachiko said...

 I love posts like this and looking into a snapshot of another mom's day. I hate the early morning wake up calls but other than that it sounds pretty divine!

May 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails