Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Little Holiday To California: Photo Teaser

We just came back from a short five day trip to San Diego and it was a welcomed break from routine. I'm proud to say that my 2.5 year old did fantastic in the airport and also on the plane. One of the reasons we chose to go to San Diego is because it is such a short flight from Vancouver, even better that it was a direct flight.

I had packed along a few little 'airplane treats' in my carry on bag, but I didn't need them this time around! Ben was happy just being on the 'big boy airplane' and enjoyed taking in everything going on around him. He smiled and waved to the other passengers and we didn't have one mean frown thrown our way. However, Ben knew that there were was a secret stash of little treats in my bag and there was no way he wasn't going to find out what I had packed.


'Mama! Are we really flying?'




He enjoyed finding out what special treats I had brought along. Tiny toys, a new book and even a lollipop!



Pool time with Dad was a hit! We have a pool in our building but this one is outside! In the sun!


Ben loved having the exclusive attention of two parents during our time away. If you asked him what his favourite part of the holiday was, it wouldn't be the trip to the San Diego Zoo or the ice cream treat at Ghiradelli's. Ben's favourite part was staying in his beloved hotel room. He would ask multiple times each day if we were going to go back there, 'more hotel room mama?'.



I even got to sit poolside and sip a delicious Mimosa.


More lovely photos to come once my husband has the time to send them my way! You'll have to settle for these iPhone snapshots I took for now.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks lovely! So glad you got to have a break!

May 11, 2011 at 9:30 PM  
Sarah said...

I was thinking that you must have had your R&R by now. I look forward to a full account.


ps. You look fab.

May 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM  
Candice said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful little family trip! Yay!

May 11, 2011 at 11:09 PM  
Marie_Gold said...

Hope you had a nice time away...traveling with children isn't a true vacation per se, but at least it gives you that break from routine and a chance to all hang out together.

May 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

I even went out by myself and did some shopping around town. BY MYSELF!!

May 12, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

Candice, it was really nice to get away! Ben is asking for 'more vacation!' already. I've got that boy on my side ;)

May 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

It was so nice to have two parents for one child. Who knew it would make things so easy ;) hehe

May 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM  
Tarable said...

Looks and sounds fabulous!!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:54 AM  
Kami said...

It looks beautiful, glad you were able to get away! 

May 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM  
Heidi said...

I'm so glad you had a good time.  Looking forward to seeing more photos soon!

May 14, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails