Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Last week we headed to San Diego for a short get away together. We booked a hotel room with a suite, and put Ben to bed in a little cot in the adjoining room; most nights he ended up crying out and coming into the king bed. Apparently, hotel noises can be scary for a 2 year old!

On day two we headed off to the San Diego zoo. We rented a town car that came to us with a car seat installed and ready to pick us up. As soon as I entered the front gates of the zoo, I felt like I was on vacation! It gives a great first impression and is so clean and welcoming.


The best way to get around the zoo is on your dad's shoulders.



I'm pretty sure Ben's top holiday memory is hanging out in this helicopter that was set up in the polar bear exhibit.




Ben determining which way to go. He wanted to see a monkey.



I haven't really been to many zoos, so I can't really compare. My husband kept comparing San Diego Zoo to Busch Gardens that is over in Tampa, Florida. We were taken aback by the smallness of all of the large animal habitats, especially the lions and the polar bears lack of space to roam.





I felt like an official San Diego visitor after this family outing to the zoo. It was the one thing that we had put on our holiday 'to do' list and it felt good to go. It was also nice to see so many other families out and about together walking the park grounds.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Zoos are wonderful!  SO much fun for everybody! 

May 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM  
Sarah M. said...

glad to hear the zoo trip was fun, how could it not be? i love the picture of ben looking at the map wanting to see a monkey, of course! 

May 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM  
Arlene said...

 Fantastic photo post! I hope there is more to come, I love these snapshots you took.

May 15, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

 We hope to go to San Diego Summer 2012.  I am starting a list right now.  Thanks for the recommendations.

May 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails