Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I'm enjoying my vacation away from work. It's giving me so many nice moments at home with my family, just doing day to day stuff. I still have early morning starts of 6 AM, but there are a lot more snuggles and smooches going on. I've even caught an afternoon nap!

Yesterday we were hanging out in the living room and I looked up and out of the wall sized windows. There was a pretty sweet double rainbow going on. It was pretty spectacular with its depth and colours, but even more so because it was Ben's first ever rainbow. The boy loved it and had so many questions about what it was. Most importantly, 'Mummy, can we eat the rainbow?'. I love this part of childhood.


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Firstly, Ben's awe of the rainbow is just adorable. And, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying some good ol' fashioned R&R.

Secondly, your view is ah-mazing. My husband and I spent a lot of our dating days in your neck of the woods. It's beautiful and meaningful to me. :o)

April 28, 2011 at 7:25 AM  
Tarable said...

I love seeing the world though my kids eyes. All the awe and firsts and excitement, it's one of the coolest things about being a parent.

April 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

That is so very true. I love their honest eagerness about discovery. It makes my heart burst. The rainbow was a BIG deal in our house for the rest of the evening. Lots of curious questions, and some tears, about where it went when it was over.

April 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM  

The view is nice for sure. That is so sweet that this was your 'datinghood'. I love that. Now on to more old fashioned R&R. We are currently lounging on my bed instead of rushing around.

April 28, 2011 at 9:06 AM  
Amanda said...

Gorgeous! (And adorable - maybe he should look into becoming a spokesperson for Skittles?)

April 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

tee hee...he'd probably enjoy that role ;)

April 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM  
kathy said...

it's so easy to forget about simple, everyday things like rainbows and how much joy they can bring because we're so busy bustling around! seeing the world through a child's eyes is so precious; we all should do it more often then maybe we wouldn't be as stressed out! :) gorgeous photo.

April 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM  

Oh my gosh this is too cute and so beautiful. To answer his question YES he can eat the rainbow ;) Have you seen this? http://todayiatearainbow.com We bought it for our niece and nephew and they LOVE it!

May 11, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails