Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

This is a feel good post meant to show you how much I'm loving being at home and off work! Right now I'm hanging out in the bathroom while my boy has his evening bubble bath and listening to Adele. My boy is splish splashing in the tub and dancing to Adele's track, 'Rumor Has It'. I think he's picking up on my good mood.

Today I was busting with energy, and can only attribute this feeling to the relief my body has from not working. So, let's have another shout out for the vacation, shall we? I think my husband is happier too, he's not having to cook at all and things have been quite meticulous around here lately. Like, the apartment is so tidy that if someone was to just drop by, I wouldn't be drenched in sweat trying to scramble to pick things up.

It feels so good to be on top of things and also have enough energy to play with my boy. I've become so used to feeling tired and being in constant recovery mode, that this energy burst is a huge change and very welcomed. It means I actually want to stay at the playground for more than 10 minutes, and I actually want to get on the floor and play make believe games. Don't get me wrong, I often do these things anyways but I struggle to actually do them with joy. Instead of fully enjoying the moment, my mind would always drift to all the things that I really need to get done. Like making dinner, getting to the bank, or mailing off a check, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure this is the honeymoon phase of things, but I don't really care. I'm just enjoying each day immensely and I'm not going to think too far ahead. Instead I'm going to enjoy things and turn up the music cause I'm on vacation y'all!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, just ride that amazing wave! Yay!
How great to hear that you are experiencing it! We all deserve to feel a bit weightless and the opportunity to turn the music up a tad bit louder! ; )

April 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM  
Nadine_Waters said...

Awesome! Too often we don't shout out all the good things and instead we find it easier to complain and gripe and moan. It is so refreshing.

April 29, 2011 at 8:18 AM  
Heidi said...

Hurray for vacation! I'm so glad you're feeling so good, Andrea. We're looking forward to our visit with you and Ben today.

April 29, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails