Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Over the last two weeks I've been feeling rather low on energy, which means that I probably could use a real vacation but that won't be happening anytime soon. Instead I just mope around the apartment and complain to myself about how crappy I feel and how I dread going back to another set of shift work tomorrow morning.

The thing is, I don't dread the actual work, that isn't it at all, it's just that I'm finding it hard to go and work hard with long hours and not get much reprieve on my time off. The type of work I do is so unstable and unpredictable; there could be a couple of births or a crazy boom of births with obstetrical emergencies to boot! It is hard to know if it will be an "easy" set of shifts or a ridiculously chaotic set of shift without any breaks.

Despite my lack of desire to move myself off my couch, I still need to make dinner that is relatively healthy with exceptional taste. So, tonight I decided to make something I've made before and found to be tasty but not too strenuous in the kitchen (which works perfectly with my apathetic mood right now). Tonight's dinner was thanks to Oprah who featured the Mar-a-Lago turkey burger on her show about 2+ years ago! Mar-a-Lago is a private club in Palm Beach with a fantastic chef who put this recipe together and currently charges about $26 US for their version.




Photo from Burger Buddies
The original recipe available for the Mar-a-Lago turkey burger is available here.

The hardest part of this recipe is finding the Major Greys chutney in your grocery store. It is available but it takes a bit of looking around and really helps shape this turkey burger. I've bought it twice and both times had to look around the shop for it. There are no big tricks to this recipe and a novice cook (like myself!) can whip it up no problem. I used less salt and less pepper but the rest was strictly following the recipe.

So, what dinner options do you turn to when you feel burned out?

Related Posts with Thumbnails