Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Mama Says Relax!

I decided to try and and have some proper relaxation time to make up for all that tiredness I blabbed about in the last post. I really try to pay attention to myself when I start to feel run down and ragged. Not only because I am a busy mum but also because I have type 1 diabetes. So, even more important that I take care of myself.

This time around, taking care of myself meant that I bought an overpriced at home facial from a local beauty shops and also picked up a Jennifer Weiner novel, 'Best Friends Forever'.



Trying to relax while my husband roared with laughter at my mask.


I've been a fan of Jennifer Weiner for the last few years, mainly because it is a soft easy read that is entertaining and enjoyable. I love to read before going to sleep and this type of book is perfect for me. While I do think this particular title is super cheesy, I am looking forward to the story and the characters.


Here is the latest novel by Jennifer Weiner, website is here



Taking opportunities to relax in my spare time has really helped to bring up my energy and spirit. Last night I was remarking to my husband how I still felt great even though I had just done two long day shifts. This was so very different from the previous days where I barely could get off the couch and out the door. Where I moaned and groaned and complained to myself a lot.

The trick for my bounce back was sleep, I went to bed earlier and got an extra hour of sleep each night. Who knew that one hour could make so much difference in my daily function. In perfect timing I am heading back to night shifts as of tonight, but I am feeling really good! In fact I am just about to read the first few pages of my new chic lit novel before I have a wee nap to prep for the all nighters.

What do you do to relax and 'bounce back'? I will take all the tips that I can!

Related Posts with Thumbnails