Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

City Living On A Friday Afternoon

Today was a fantastic day for me! It started off with booking the day off of work and I couldn't be more thrilled with that decision; especially as I was feeling bogged down and stressed only a few days ago. I decided to take full advantage of Ben's afternoon nap, and also of my husbands work from home status, by booking a pedicure for myself just around the block.

This is one of the reasons that I love city living so much! There are a ridiculous amount of pedicure places within a couple of minutes of walking out of my front door. I really quite enjoyed sitting by myself for a full hour and love the colour that I picked out. I sipped a latte and did a little people watching and was overjoyed when I got a text from my husband saying that the boy was still asleep and to keep on going with my outing.



If you remember from this post there are a few things that I like to get down to keep me feeling in order and on top of things. So, besides the pedicure I also went and got my brows done at Bombay Brow Bar here in Yaletown. I've had my brows threaded before but I still tear up with each swift thread! I was in and out within 15 minutes and left with perfectly shaped brows and a cup of chai.


Image compliments of Bombay Brow Bar


Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Suburbia Mom said...

That sounds like THE perfect afternoon. What a city mama you really are. So jealous!!!

May 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Jessica Phillips said...

I love this fun post and the colors of Bombay look fantastic..bright and pink. Looks like lots of fun living downtown in a city. My dream really.

May 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails