Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Zipping in the City

Part of being a true 'mama in the city' is dealing with transportation. I don't have a need to own a car and I live in a very walkable city. That being said there are times when I need to get out of the city and really do need wheels. Like today when we had a Easter brunch to get to for 11 AM. For situations like today I book my Zip car on line and am ready for any party or get together.

Today I drove 'Maddie' and picked her up and brought her back to our apartment to get the car seat installed. Being a city mama with a baby or toddler is tricky when it comes to car seats and I won't deny that it is a pain in the ass sometimes. I have done the whole walk with the stroller while balancing the car seat strategically on top of all while Ben is safely snug in the sling. However, for the most part, I get my husband to help me out and reap the benefits of having a husband who works at home. He meets me outside with the car seat and Ben and safely installs it each time.

Ben and I drove to our friends daughters first birthday party that was celebrated with an Easter egg hunt and a delicious brunch. It was a perfect Easter Sunday and we zipped back to the city in time to return Maddie to her spot. I take the Zip car a few times each month and I have been for over a year now.

Hosted by imgur.com

3 comments:

Mira said...

Zip car or similar share care services are great way to roll in the walkable city on those days when you actually do need a car. Ben wasn't in the mood for pictures here? :)

April 5, 2010 at 12:21 AM  
Michelle said...

He does look rather serious but you look very fab. Glad to see someone who makes the most out of everything!

April 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Cheri Anne said...

I love Zip car and use them too! I love that you use it to 'zip' around the city. Cool

April 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails