Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

How To Entertain An Apartment Baby

Today was a superbly windy day in the city and I spent all day, in cozy stretchy clothing, doing a whole lot of nothing. I was happy that I got the suitcases unpacked and the dirty laundry rotated through. I'm brainstorming on some fun and some serious blog posts while taking turns with my husband chasing Ben around the apartment.

Ben has a miraculous amount of energy and did not get the memo that we are still in recovery mode! We had to get creative with entertaining the boy since the weather was too frightful to venture outside. Entertaining inside included teaching him what sound a train makes and how much fun it is to wear my dress socks around the house.

Hosted by imgur.com

We were also feeling a little lost after spending time hanging out in the hotel bed together and watching TV. Since we don't have a TV in our bedroom so we capped off our evening by pulling out our sofa bed and hanging out and watching Kitchen Nightmares on the PVR in the living room.

Not quite the routine day I planned for but not such a bad one either. What are your plans for the Easter weekend?

5 comments:

We are having the very same kind of day here on the island!
I am trying to get some sewing projects done, and mid-stitch the power goes out and my sewing machine goes silent.......an hour or so passes, power back on, I try again....repeat. Frustrating, yet cozy!
Looks like Ben is having fun struttin' his stuff :)

April 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM  
Jackie in San Francisco said...

Just lovely. We had a pretty quiet Good Friday today. Not much going on with our family but some good moments hanging out together. Planning for a big Easter Sunday dinner made by myself. It is going to be delicious!!

April 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM  
Anonymous said...

It was a crazy day, wasn't it? My apartment four-year old and I chilled all day, made pancakes, did a couple of crafts and watched movies. Boring, but it was nice to not go out in this horrible weather!

April 2, 2010 at 7:59 PM  
Anonymous said...

We had no power today so we cuddled up in front of the fire

April 2, 2010 at 9:19 PM  
Wendy said...

Total little cutie. We are going to my cousins for dinner tonight and to my MIL tomorrow night. Busy weekend, lots of calories :)

April 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails