Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

It's been awhile since I did a Product Placement Wednesdays and that is only because I hadn't come across a product I was willing to rave about. I have done an assortment of product reviews in the past and they have all been something that I personally use and love so much that I wanted to share it with you.

Last week I was in Victoria and I went shopping with my older sister. We walked past Rocky Mountain Soap Company and she mentioned that she was using their unscented body butter to treat her 2 year old sons eczema and that it was really working out for him.

Now my boy Ben has rough patches of skin on his body and he has had them since he was an infant. They come and go and get worse if I don't moisturize his skin. It doesn't seem to matter if we use soap or no soap or cut back on bathing or use different laundry products. They are just there and they don't seem to bother him but they bother me! I hate seeing red patches on his skin!

Hosted by imgur.com

I like the idea of using all natural skin care products on my boy and so I bought the travel size to give it a try. It was after the first use that I noticed a big difference in Ben's skin. So, I also started using it on my dry skin and I am seriously impressed with the effect. I like that the stick is completely non greasy and has no scent. It is easy to use and Ben seems to enjoy trying to put it on without the mess of a lotion.

I'm going to keep on using this product and see what difference it makes over the long run. So far Ben's skin is softer and the areas of dryness are no longer red. Have you used this product before? Tell me what worked for treating eczema for you or your family.

Click HERE to read my last Product Placement Wednesdays and see what products I :heart:.

9 comments:

Auntie Glyn said...

Benny sure seemed to like this body butter when I used it on him last night after the bath. Normally getting him to sit still for the lotion was a bit of a trick and I would wonder if it stung cause he would cry at times when I used it. Nice work to sister Sarah for passing this one on!

April 14, 2010 at 2:36 PM  
Cheri Anne said...

I love that they are Canadian made and that the ingredients are simple and clean. I love their bath salts in a mega mega way!

April 14, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Where do they sell this other than at the coast. My grandaughter at 3 1/2 has had ongoing issues with skin. I'd love to try it with her. I'm all about unscented products and sheis all about putting on some lotion so it might be a win win for everyone.

April 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM  
Mira said...

I prefern natural products as well and I have found Eucerin products to be useful.

April 15, 2010 at 5:11 AM  
molly12048 said...

The body butter is a nice product - but I wouldn't rub that on my little one with sensitive skin! I'm tried a lot of products for my 3 year old's terrible skin - only one that has worked is Kuddles skin care (all natutal, and made in Calgary).

April 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous said...

Just a note for those worried this won't work for very sensitive skin. My 2 year old son (Andrea's nephew) has terrible eczema- to the point that, if we don't see him, he'll scratch until he bleeds. We have tried all sorts of skin creams including strong steroid prescription stuff. To our amazement the Rocky Mountain eczema product works wonders, especially on sensitive skin. If you are worried about rubbing the body butter directly onto your child, then you can rub it onto your hands first and then apply it to the skin. Our son knows it helps him and asks for it every morning and before bed.

April 15, 2010 at 10:14 AM  
Kathy said...

This is an awesome product and I use it too! On my little girl since she has dry skin. It is super easy to apply. It is like three ingredients total too. It doesn't sting and there are no weird chemicals or funny things included in the product. Thumbs up!

April 15, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Thanks for the tip! I suffer with dry skin and that sounds fantastic.

Btw, found you though the Vancouver Mom listings. Linked you up at my site too! http://bit.ly/cUEMI2

April 16, 2010 at 12:28 PM  
Unknown said...

I also bought a trial size of their foot butter and it is doing wonders. I put it on and wear socks and head off to my 12 hour shift and it has really helped. Also, there is really only about three ingredients in the body butter for my sons eczema and I am happy with that!

April 17, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails