Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Coffee Date

The other day I had a good friend over for a coffee date. This works out well with a busy toddler who won't sit still in a coffee shop or cafe and is also friendly on the budget. I've started having more at home coffee dates with girlfriends and I think that it allows for a truly relaxing coffee date. I made a spread of delicious nibbles and, of course, a fresh french press of coffee to serve.

I put together an assortment of things to serve. We had some fresh roasted almonds, plump strawberries, yogurt covered raisins, out of the oven croissants with strawberry jam, spiced crackers with Gouda and some organic turkey.

Hosted by imgur.com

It was a lovely coffee date with good conversation and lots of giggles from little Ben. I thought I would set out the coffee and snacks on the kitchen table so that everything was ready for my friends arrival. Little did I know that Ben can now reach up on to the table and help himself to the feast. He loved everything about having an at home coffee date, especially the yogurt covered raisins!

Hosted by imgur.com

4 comments:

Jana said...

Your apartment looks so city chic! Love the brown backsplash in the kitchen. The beautiful blue coffee mugs too!!!

April 18, 2010 at 12:27 AM  
Mira said...

I love having friends over just for coffee or tea and girls talk! I love the way you've set everything on the table and I especially like the fact that Ben was able to serve himself. :) So cute!

April 18, 2010 at 12:53 AM  
Anonymous said...

Very nice and so affordable too. Really those coffee dates can add up and especially if you want to prolong it and you end up getting more and more. I like your apartment too.Very Mama in the City eh.

Jamie

April 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM  
Sarah said...

Wow can i come over for coffee?! what a delightful hostess you are andrea! looks like the nibblies and the french press coffee made way for a great coffee time.

April 23, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails