Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Bouquets and Cupcakes

Today was filled with lovely things! The sun is shining and the sky is blue and that is an instant mood fix! To make the afternoon even more delightful my sister came out for a visit. We took to wandering the city with Ben in his stroller and the dog at our side. The constant city motion put Ben to sleep and we continued to stroll and enjoy the sunny spring day.

Our walk brought us a fresh bouquet. I absolutely love fresh blooms in our apartment and feel like they add instant colour and a certain freshness to the room. I really love the yellow and purple colour combination and the fullness of each flower.

Hosted by imgur.com

We also walked by Big City Cupcakes and had the instant urge to splurge and be decadent on four fancy cupcakes. Big decisions had to be made from the many delicious looking cakes and we ended up choosing four to bring home. It was tough people! They all looked so amazing!

After Dinner Mint, a chocolate mint cupcake. Strawberry cheesecake with a homemade baked in cheesecake filling. Red carpet, a deep red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing and a dash of sprinkles. Truffle chocolate cupcake filled with ganache truffle centre dipped
in ganache and topped with chocolate shavings. My favourite was the Red Carpet!

Hosted by imgur.com

6 comments:

Sarah said...

They are beautiful flowers and how can they not add a great touch of spring indoors? very cheery, good choice.

April 23, 2010 at 8:01 AM  
Karen said...

Those cupcakes look like the perfect breakfast for me this AM!

April 23, 2010 at 8:28 AM  
Angella said...

Oh, I love a bright bouquet of fresh flowers!

April 23, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Anonymous said...

I do too! Something about fresh cut blooms just add a little bit of happiness. I think Oprah said the same thing on her show the other day when she did that episode about flowers. :)

-Sheila

April 23, 2010 at 8:59 AM  
Anonymous said...

Such lovely things! I love cupcakes too!

April 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM  
Anonymous said...

Those flowers are really pretty. I love to go into my garden and pick the prettiest flowers out to bring inside....I love pink and purple and anything that is fresh.

Debbie

April 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails