Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

My Purple Parma Purse: I Love Purses

Last night I had a date with my youngest sister and we attended a wine mingler that was part of a larger wine festival going on in the city. I checked the website and read that it was a dressy event. Naturally my first thought was, 'I wonder what purse I should bring?'. This is the part where I admit that I really love purses and may have a small addiction on my shoulder.

Hosted by imgur.com

It all started about 7 years ago when my husband bought me a red Coach purse for Christmas. It was soft and beautiful and I fell instantly love with this purse! The love for purses really spiraled from there and new purses joined my wardrobe on birthdays and other special occasions. To me, a purse can do no wrong and I love having a collection to choose from. My husband told me that writing a blog post on purses might be a bit boring but I felt my passion for the handbag outweighed what he thought.

For the wine mingler I picked out my purple Furla purse and it is a purse with a story. I think all my purses are sort of like that and they all have some history too. This particular purple purse was bought 2 years ago while vacationing in Parma, Italy with my husband. Everywhere we went in Parma this lovely violet color followed. I went into the local Furla shop and bought this purse to remind me of traveling in Europe with my husband. I was about 4 months pregnant with Ben and feeling in love. There are so many wonderful memories of our travels through Italy.

Hosted by imgur.com

Now whenever I take that particular purse with me I automatically remember that time in my life and vacationing in Italy. I've also bought purses to celebrate and recognize occasions in my life. It might have been a birthday, a new job, my first pregnancy loss or just some random day. Some people collect random trinkets and I collect purses. Really not such an addiction but more of a collection.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO mama in the city.I love your style and I love your purse! *drools*
Your husband was wrong, this is a wonderful post!!

-Nicole

April 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM  
Unknown said...

Thanks Nicole! By the way, I am 100% totally posing for these purse pictures. I made my husband drag out his camera and he willingly obliged! hehe!!

April 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM  
Jeanne said...

It is the perfect purse post and I love purple!

April 21, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Sarah said...

Andrea you are looking fabulous as always... the purse is a great color purple for sure!

April 23, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Karen said...

Purple purse...I love!

April 23, 2010 at 8:29 AM  
Jessica Evans said...

You are 100% Mama in the City! RAWRRR!!! You go girl you have style, you have flare!

April 24, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails