Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

I Am Grateful!!

If I was to be honest with myself then it would be to true that there are many moments where I am not truly grateful for what I have. It is not intentional or malicious but just a result of getting caught up in the moment. Feeling stressed and stretched with being a working mother can do that to you or just being a person can do this to you. Probably all of us have been in the same spot at some time or another.

Five things that are making me feel thankful, content, grateful right now:

1.Having a lunch date with old friends and their children,albeit chaotic and loud but totally worth it.
2.Figuring out how to drive in and out of the 'secure Olympic zone' downtown .
3.A husband who woke up with the boy this morning and let me sleep in for an extra little bit.
4.The major belly laughs from Ben when I dance to Beyonce's 'Single Ladies'.
5.A good hair day.

So, join me and take this moment to feel grateful for what you have. What are you grateful for?

7 comments:

Krista said...

Wonderful friends! And good wine. Sometimes both at once :)

February 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
AnotherAfWife said...

Right now I'm thankful for husband who will make me a cup of tea. :)
www.anotherafwife.blogspot.com

February 3, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
gorillabuns said...

good hair days are far and few between for me!

February 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM  
Koo & Poppet said...

the 2.5 hour nap Sadie had today.....with me!

February 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM  
Nat said...

A nice glass of red after a long day!

February 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM  
Guest said...

1. Having a golden tan
2. Watching my two girls "make a cake" together in the bath tonight.
3. Being smothered by my cat every chance she gets because she missed me so much while I was away.
4. Coming home from vacation to continuous warm, sunshiny days in Kamloops.
5. The cozy sweatshirt I'm wearing right now.

Lesley

February 5, 2010 at 8:56 PM  
Hannah said...

Having the night off and being able to just relax and unwind. I am also grateful for all the bad tv that I recorded.

Hannah

February 5, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails