Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Where is your belly button Ben?

Today vs. yesterday are very black and white. Yesterday was filled with many lovely moments and today was stretched out and took a lot out of me. Yesterday gave to me and filled me up so I guess that leaves me equal?

Yesterday Ben and I went around town and had lunch out, followed by some bad toddler dancing in the children's department at H+M. He was on his best behavior and was very fun to be around. I love these days so much and I know how fleeting they really are.

Today I worked and I really worked hard from 715 AM till 730 PM. There was much leg holding to be done, long pushing sessions to get through and the much anticipated delivery. I was Andrea the nurse and not Andrea the mum. I am so happy to have these photos of Ben while I am gone all day. My husband took them while I worked today and I love seeing them as soon as I got home.


Hosted by imgur.com

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I feel the same as you do today Andrea. I worked today and it took everything out of me. I found myself longing to be at home with my kids worrying about what to feed them for lunch instead of worrying about normal nurse stuff. I guess a different perspective is that working makes you really appreciate the time spent at home with the little ones. I always love th first hug or cuddle when I get home from a day at work.

January 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM  
Jessica said...

I feel your pain and can relate. I enjoy being at work and I enjoy being at home with my children but sometimes I don't love it during the moment. It is a balance for sure. What a cutie in the picture. I bet you just adore him.

January 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM  
Evelyn said...

Sweet boy you got on your hands there. Not sure how you cope with those long shifts.

January 31, 2010 at 4:51 PM  
Kristine from Cora's Story said...

How sweet that you get to see pictures of what your little boy was up to while you were gone.

February 1, 2010 at 7:22 AM  
Sarah M said...

how do you ever choose which picture of ben is the cutest?! andrea, you are an amazing woman doing a fantastic job of being a mum and (i am sure) a wonderful nurse to so many women.

February 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Ahh Natalie, I know you can relate to me. We are both in the same situation. Young ones at home, working away from home. The time is fleeting yet some days still feel endless.

February 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Thank you for your comment Kristine. I know how much you would love to see pictures of your Cora and having your biggest concern being missing her because you are off at work.
For people who don't know Cora you can go to:
http://instructionsarenotincluded.blogspot.com/2009/12/coras-story.html

February 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM  
Mama in the City said...

It helps being married to a photographer who is picky. He will only give me the 'best' shot so I never have to choose. He might take 15 pictures of the same thing and I will only get 1 in the end. Easy for me!

February 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails