Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Always Looking Up

I would like this part of my life to be about trying to be my best self. Sometimes on the path of trying to learn how to be my best self I find other inspiring women who show qualities that I adore. Personal attributes that I admire and make me think about my own way of life.

Here is my 2010 blog roll of women that I find to be inspirational and amazing. They have all had something big to live through and have allowed themselves to be truthful.

Nie Nie is a beautiful mother who survived a horrific plane crash with her husband. She suffered extensive burns and much suffering but continues to see the beauty in life and in her children.

Gorilla Buns lost her infant son while he was napping and she blogs about her babe and life before and after.

Nugget News is an uplifting look at a mama to four 1 year olds. She experiences all those normal daily hassles that parents have but has them multiplied by four.

The Macs have had a blog for awhile and wrote about the painful loss of their baby daughter from cancer last year. The mom turned her grief into something amazing with her handmade baby items and special playground and she just gave birth to a second child.

Go and check them out and be prepared to be amazed at their life experiences and their continual courage.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I love NieNie. She's one of my daily reads. Amazing. Inspiring. And she totally puts my little trials into perspective.

January 5, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, bring out the tissues. Those blogs are mega inspiring and I am heading back over to read them from the start. So amazing and so strong they are. In many different way.

January 5, 2010 at 8:37 PM  
gorillabuns said...

Sadly, I wish you knew me before this year. I was actually fun or at the very least, I thought i was funny.

thank you for the shout out. i need to go and check the others out as well.

January 6, 2010 at 1:42 PM  
Jennifer in Cali said...

Thanks for the links to these awesome inspiring blogs. I love the name gorillabuns too!

January 6, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Victoria said...

Love this blog and love the list on inspiring women. There can always be more support for women who have had a hard part of their life and I am glad you are celebrating THAT and not just the frou frou stuff that a lot of women blog about. Thanks!!

January 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Maya Arnold said...

Good link love on this post.

January 9, 2010 at 2:24 AM  
Lori said...

I agree, so much inspiration in these women.

January 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM  
Mama in the City said...

Thanks for the comment and for the record I have been a reader for many years. I just became a more often reader, and leaver of comments, in the past year. Always enjoy the truth that you have to offer.

January 11, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails