Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

There are a few luxurious that I enjoy thinking about from time to time and I allow my mind to wander and dream about these things. I don't know why but thinking about them can make me a smidge happier. Here are a few of the latest things that I allow my mind to wander to and enjoy.

Mad Men! Roar! Seriously excited about watching Mad Men with my husband and discussing Peggy and all the boys. I love the costumes and all the hubba hubba that seems to flow so juicily from this show. Love it! Love it! I can't get enough of all the obscene love affairs and feeling torn between characters. Plus those sweater sets!



I have been eyeing this lovely handbag over at Coach. Just admiring from a distance really because I haven't allowed myself to touch this luscious purse or wear it on my shoulder and live in make believe land while I stand in the shop. My husband will tell you that I have a large enough purse collection but a girl can dream right?



I have had my eye on this sweet handmade pillow from Sarah over at Koo and Poppet. I love the big B and how it is paired along with this specific bear. I have visions of it being in Ben's room and him leaning his sweet head on it. I like the fact that it is made from someone versus a big old machine in a factory. Plus I like that it is local to my geography and shopping local is always good for everyone.



While I am on a roll of things that I am loving I will also include this very nice french press from Bodum. I have glanced at this many times on line. I love a french press and I love purple and here is the wonderful union of both! Of course my kitchen is already stocked with two other presses from Bodum but this one is PURPLE. Purple!!

14 comments:

Katie said...

oh my god i love that purple bodum too. i want one. my coffee would taste SO much better. seriously.

August 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Oh Katie! I know! The purple is so nice. I think my coffee would really be a whole better experience with this press.

August 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Ashley said...

The purse is gorgeous!!!!! Oh, be still my heart. Is it apparent I may have a purse obsession? It's not really an obsession it's a desperate need to collect, just like Elizabeth Taylor collects husbands - it's all in the name of fashion right?

August 17, 2009 at 10:20 PM  
Guest said...

Sister, I was seriously going to get that pillow for Benji's first birthday. Almost ordered it yesterday from my sick bed and then realized maybe you already had? Let me know because if you don't I will. Sarah

August 18, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Bal said...

OMG Andrea! i was eyeing the same purse in edmonton!..and Paul said the same thing...do you really need another one..lol!!

August 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM  
Guest said...

Alex will for sure be getting you that purse!
Lesterina

August 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM  
Mama in the City said...

umm sister! Ben does NOT have this pillow but I have been looking at it hehe.

August 18, 2009 at 4:27 PM  
Mama in the City said...

LOL. Good comment Ashley. I agree! I agree!

August 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Maria said...

Okay that pillow is so cute and I love it! I am going to check out that site. It is soooo sweet!!!

August 18, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
Michelle said...

You'd think I would have commented already since I do have lots to say about motherhood. . . but no, I wait until the topic of purses arises!

I too have been eyeing/drooling/dreaming since I saw that Coach purse online. But purses can be related to motherhood.

There is something significant and even monumental about moving on from the enormous-diaper-bag-like purse (however fashionable) to the more compact it's-just-about-me-and-my-lipgloss model.

I say when you can fit everyting you need to leave the house in that purse, get it! It is a significant marker in the life of a mommy! (Or get it before and try it out on those solo girl nights first, just to make sure you like it:)

August 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Mama in the City said...

This is true. I have always done the big purse filled with diaper bag items and have been enjoying that. I haven't used all my 'lip gloss' purses in about a year now. It sounds like all these girls in this comment forum are urging me to buy a new purse? I guess I could justify a celebratory going back to work purse? What do you think hehe?!!

August 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Mum Shirley said...

I know how much you love purple and purses. This purse is a perfect combination of the two!

August 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Husband in the City said...

Nooo, your coffee won't be any better because the bodum is purple. It can't be any better than our two current bodums, silly wife. And how would you decide between the new purple Coach purse and your last new purse, which I also think was purple?

In the vein of Mad Men, here is one of my favorite things: a 60's Brno Chair that Mama in the City bought for my birthday and we had recovered.

August 19, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Amanda Brown said...

I can't get enough Mad Men either. LOVE it! And Joan's character has inspired me to be proud of my rear end and saunter like a sex pot wherever I go. :)

August 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails