Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Hello! It's Auntie Andrea!

Today I spent some one on one time with someone elses baby boy. My own boy was at his grandparents house having some good old auntie time and so I went out with my nephew Gavin. He is almost exactly one year older than my own boy and, truth be told, I haven't really spent much special time with him. Of course when he was a baby I smothered him in his kisses and pretended to devour his huge fat rolls but then I got huge pregnant and preferred to rest instead of keeping up with a busy baby. Then I had my own high needs baby to jiggle and I didn't have the free arms or time to adequately love upon this boy.

Today we snatched him away from his parents for an afternoon of special auntie time. We ate peanut butter M+M cookies at Pure Vanilla Cafe in Victoria and then stroller walked in Oak Bay and looked in some fun shops. Just me and this boy. We kissed and cuddled and I pretended to scare him and he would giggle loudly. It was lovely and I am so happy to have been able to spend this time getting to know this boy. He is wonderful and I love being an auntie!

4 comments:

Guest It's Nana Laurel said...

thanks for your lovely blog and geat pic of you with my two grandkids. I really enjoyed reading about our wonderful Gavin. The picture you posted of him is one of my favourites. Love Laurel J. DeWitt.

August 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM  
Mama in the City said...

Thanks for the comment Laurel. He is a rather sweet boy I agree!

August 16, 2009 at 7:18 PM  
Robyn said...

oh so much love. cute pictures of a cute boy.

August 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM  
Guest said...

Look at those EYES! Just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I appreciated your comment!

August 17, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails