Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

One of the loves in my life: UppaBaby Stroller

One thing that I noticed during my pregnancy with Ben was fancy strollers everywhere. All around Vancouver there were Mama's pushing high end strollers. The best of the best. Some were space age like and some were celebrity types. You rarely would see a local pushing around a Graco or whatever the top one you could buy at the local department store. These were boutique strollers! You could pretty much sort out who was local and who was visiting Vancouver. Snobby? Maybe or maybe there is something to these fancy schmancy strollers.

A group of new mothers gathering at the local Yaletown park for their stroller fit boot camp all had high end strollers. There were no inbetweens and they were all fixed up with every accessory that was offered. This is the difference between living in the city with a baby and not. Your stroller becomes an extension of you as you move around the city living your daily life.

I love my Uppa Baby stroller. It isn't your celebrity Bugaboo but it rocks. It was our first big purchase before we had Ben. It was like the token merchandise that told us 'a baby was coming'! The Uppa Baby comes with the bassinet and the next seat too. I already had visions of me pushing around the bassinet stroller and sipping lattes around the Vancouver seawall. My sweet quite baby all snuggled up in inside. Little did I know that my baby actually would despise being put down into any type of stroller and would let you know it. He much preferred being carried, held or slinged. However, my stroller was still put to good use.

We used the bassinet every night in our room. This is where he slept. In the bassinet on a stand next to my bed. Handy for breastfeeding and I was getting my use out of this bassinet! Determination I tell you. The Uppa Baby stroller makes it so easy for a tired mother to quickly maneuver the stroller. Pop the bassinet on and off. Easy! Fold up your stroller. Easy! Time to move to the next seat. Simple! No switching back and forth of fabrics. Easy to clean and keep clean.

I also loved the HUGE under seat basket. Did you know that you can easily fit 16 bottles of wine in this basket? Oodles of shopping bags. Groceries galore. Major photography equipment including a tripod.The main reasons that this stroller sung to us is the basket. It is huge!. I am in love with my stroller. It goes out with us every single day, multiple times a day. My baby snoozes in it now and we walk and walk all around the city. From one side to the next. We have put some serious miles on it.

It is not the celebrity stroller but it is a rock star in our family.

2 comments:

eBabyPlace said...

I work for ebabyplace.com and UPPAbaby strollers are great! They sell like hotcakes.

People can find the full line of these strollers as well as other great items at great prices at http://www.ebabyplace.com/category/strollers/brand/uppababy.html

December 3, 2009 at 7:37 PM  
jessieeden said...

Your post is pretty illuminating and practical,I completely agree with the above comment. Thanks for the sharing.Will you share more about it? I just want to know more.You are very talented.I guess, this site would be my farorite one. Thank you again!!!

March 22, 2011 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails