Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Lazy Saturdays Served Family Style

You've got to love weekends at home with nothing much on the agenda. We decided to take advantage of our lazy Saturday and head off on the aquabus to Granville Island! We left the stroller at home and Ben hung out in his sling and the dog trotted at my husbands side. Granville Island is a great destination to spend a lazy Saturday at with your family and there is so much to see and do.



First we chowed down on the patio of Cats Social House and then headed to the public market to shop for dinner. Shopping at the public market is wonderful and you can buy so many fresh ingredients; it is also the place that our top local chefs go to buy ingredients for their restaurants. We love fresh local food and my husband is a seriously good cook. An added bonus is that the Jazz Festival has started and so we enjoyed some good music at the same time.

Tonight's menu, compliments of my husband was: seared diver sea scallops, BC chanterelle mushroom risotto with haricot vert.



4 comments:

Alex said...

Dinner was good, but that $9.99 bottle of wine... not so hot.

And thanks for not mentioning how I always set off the smoke alarm and wake up the baby. It isn't my fault that it is mounted 3 feet from the kitchen you can't cook an egg without setting it off.

June 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM  
Sister Sarah said...

I'm looking forward to a dinner like this in a couple of weeks! I'll even babysit Ben for food! Well, of course I'd do it for nothing but Alex's food is always a bonus:)

June 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM  
Anonymous said...

Dinner looks yummy, you know if you invited me over, i could put up a comment on the fine cuisine,he he. Can almost taste the food.

June 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM  
Unknown said...

Sister Sarah- we just may take you up on that offer! ;)

June 29, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails