Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

I've Been A Little Distracted

I've had a really decent stretch of time off of work and truthfully I thought I would have got more done and felt more rested. Instead, I've stayed up entirely too late cramming in back to back episodes of The Killing. I only decided to watch this series after walking by our storage locker and reading a posted saying the show was filming there. So, of course I was curious and now I have a new series to watch. I knew it would be a bit of a scary show as the storage room itself is seriously is sort of scaryish and would be perfect for a creepy crime drama.

One of the reasons I'm intrigued by this show is because it's filmed right in my hood and I love scoping out what location they were at. Unfortunately, this is the same reason that I've watched the Real Housewives of Vancouver and regret that I spent time watching what Jodie did to Mary or what Mary did to everyone else. I just like to see the scene and look at our beautiful city.

My husband and I have had this running joke about how we might randomly be discovered one day and will be asked to audition for a new movie based solely on our natural talent. Of course, this is truly in jest but just in case we always follow up with a big laugh to showcase our acting skills. I totally know that it's a total nerd moment and I kind of dig that.





3 comments:

Kristin said...

love it! when we lived in yaletown that tv show godiva's was being filmed in a lot of spots, so i only got hooked on it because of wanting to see where they shot! or the thrill of seeing a shot that i watched being thrilled. our town now is so up and coming with film and tv shows being shot. its fun to just watch it all go down. i haven't seen the housewives show. that must be really interesting.

June 25, 2013 at 8:46 PM  
Erin said...

I got totally hooked on the original Danish version of The Killing just before we moved back from the UK, the whole country was obsessed with it - magazines discussing how to get her jumper, twitter was totally taken over by it, it was crazy. When I saw they were filming the North American version here, I was intrigued. They've been filming Motive in my neighbourhood a lot, and I quite like that series as well.

June 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM  

Love that series! We're watching season 3 right now.... Holder!

June 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails