Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

2013 Vancouver Mom Blogging Event

I love a good reason to swap out the mom clothes and ponytails for high heels and lipstick and this evening was no exception. Tonight I attended my fourth Vancouver Mom blogging celebration and it was especially fun as the blogger I nominated took home the winning prize as this years top Vancouver Mom blogger. Congratulations to my friend Mitzi of EastVanBaby for her big win this year!

From reading Twitter there were some Vancouver Mom's who bought new frocks and had their hair done (I wish I was so organized, truly), I stood in front of my closet in my Spanx and fancy bra an hour I needed to be there and tried to figure out what to throw together to attend this years Glam event. I pulled out a black dress that I had made way back when Ben was 5 weeks old and I was a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding. It turns out that picking black for your bridesmaids really does help them wear the dress again! Yes, I totally wore a bridesmaids dress to this event. I chose some sparkly gold heels from 2007 and accessorized appropriately with some jewels circa 2006. What's old is new again, now thats true glam!



Last year when I attended this event, I left behind a little baby in tiny pyjamas who was used to me putting her to sleep and I ran home to get to her. This year I cuddled my girl in her toddler jams and left her to go to bed with her dad (our new normal). I did love her movie star smooches before I went out the door and know that next year she will probably walk me to the front door.




I really loved meeting so many lovely Vancouver bloggers tonight. It was particularly awesome to see some of the previous years Top Vancouver Mom bloggers and be able to feel so totally comfortable chatting with them.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You look beautiful in your older/new item! I love it, and can't wait to hear and see more of what I missed! xo

June 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM  
Unknown said...

Thank you Melissa. We missed you! Hope your recovery is fast and smooth.

June 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM  

You did it right mama! That dress was amazing and you looked great. Such a fun night. Good chats!

June 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM  
mitzi said...

you looked great Andrea! thanks for nominating me, supporting me, voting for me, and y'know letting me attach myself to your hip that night too!

June 21, 2013 at 4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails