Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Ooh La La! Splurge Vs. Steal

It's the third week of January and the Winter chill has hit us. More or less it has effected our skin and skin tells the truth with its cracks and lines. It roars with anger when it is dry and dehydrated and sings sweet songs when it is adequately moisturized. My big pet peeve is dry chapped lips due to the elements, so I'm always ready with something to seep the moisture back into my skin.

Recently I've fallen in love with a splurge from the shop L'Occitane En Provence. I'm loving their shea butter balm lip stick and can't rave enough about this luscious buttery lip chap. At $12.00 it does lean more on the splurge side and also serves its purpose very well. This is one of those chaps that I keep stashed away in my purse, out of the reach of tiny hands.

During the holidays I was given a tube of lip butter from Rocky Mountain Soap Companyand it was an instant reward. With it's soft velvety coverage and perfectly soft fragrant scent it was a hit. Plus at the $5 price point it's not so hard on the pocket. If you came over you'd also find a tube of the drugstore brand chap Lypsyl, tossed on my counter amongst keys and random receipts. I can usually pick this brand up for under $2.00 and also use it on my son when he has dry chapped lips too.


Splurge... Steal.

2 comments:

Ashley Breeman said...

I love my Lebello lip balm from the drug store! A perfect steal that feels like a splurge!

January 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM  
mazoola said...

anything more expensive than Carmex is a splurge for me!

January 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails