Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

Last night my husband and I had a delicious date night with dinner out followed by a movie. It has been awhile since our last date but as we were celebrating our 7th year of marriage, a night out was totally called for. Lucky for us my sister and brother in law came into the city and watched our two wee ones while we sipped cocktails and ate fancy food.

Tonight we are driving out of town and joining another family for a casual New Years Eve celebration at their place. It's going to be a family sleepover of sorts so that the parents can sip adult beverages and also so we can avoid having to drive home with tired eyes after we ring in the New Year. This works well for me as I'm pretty sure I would have been the driver with a car full of sleeping family members.

Tomorrow is a new day that will be filled with a mix of cleaning and purging. Putting away all things Christmas and making space for all of our newly acquired Christmas presents. There will be naps for all and salad for dinner, cause I'm really feeling the holiday indulgences and my new 'skinny' pants are just a tiny bit tight right now. So, bring on the celebrations and Happy New Year to you dear reader!



Celebrating 7 years of marriage over dinner and drinks at Vancouver's Hawksworth restaurant.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful picture. Happy Anniversary! If you guys watched skyfall at the movies we will have serious coincidences going on here :)

December 31, 2012 at 6:14 PM  

Congrats on 7 years of marriage!!
Hope you guys had a wonderful New Years! Best wishes for 2013. It was great to get to know you in 2012 and I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog.

-Michelle
Holistic Health Coach
www.revive-healthcoach.com

January 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM  
Unknown said...

Happy anniversary. Sounds like a great couple of days of celebrations. I am also feeling the holiday eating catching up with me. Happy New Year.

January 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM  
Kristin said...

What a gorgeous photo of you both! Congratulations! Happy New year! Oh,and p.s. I mailed about 30 Christmas cards this year! Thought of you! Thanks for the inspiration!

January 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM  
Solomama said...

How did you like Hawksworth? It's not in my top 2 but It is really yummy and fancy dancy. Congratulations on 7 years, very commendable! You guys both look really great. Happy New Years Andrea!

January 2, 2013 at 7:44 AM  
Solomama said...

Oh and p.s.- what movie did you see? I went and saw "This is 40" the other night. SO FUNNY.

January 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM  
Anonymous said...

Cute post, happy anniversary!

www.teenyhippie.com

January 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails