Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Little Bit Of Bubbly!

When I think about celebrating special occasions I tend to think about cracking open a bottle of something alcoholic and bubbly. My husband does not love bubbly adult beverages, so I'm often left seeking out moments that I can bust open a bottle with girlfriends or family. Despite even having authentic real champagne, my husband still turns his nose up at the taste and the carbonation. I quite like sipping on sweet or dry wine that has a sparkle added to it.

Of course, most bubbly beverages are not truly champagne but a sparkling wine, and I'm okay with that. Currently residing in my fridge is a chilled bottle of Oyster Bay Cuvèe Brut from New Zealand that I'm going to open with my girlfriend this Wednesday when we have a little Christmas celebration at my place. I haven't tried it before but it has got me a little bit excited. Hence the blog post about sparkling wine.

I would really love to have a dozen or so of beautiful champagne flutes in my collection of glassware, but I have zero. Currently, any sparkling wine will be sipped out of a wine glass which will work just fine, but a girl can dream. I quite like the simplicity of the Viv Flute from Crate and Barrel and at $6.15 a glass it isn't too outrageous to wish for a set of flutes! Recently I was browsing for Christmas pressies at Fine Finds in Yaletown and was offered a glass of sparkling wine as soon as I walked in the door. I graciously accepted the flute (obviously) while I looked around the shop. How could I say no? Even sweet Josephine's upcoming birthday next month will be kicked off with a boisterous opening of a bottle of bubbles.


" There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne"- Bette Davis

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oyster Bay is one of our favorites!!!

December 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM  
Melissa Keen said...

I love Oyster Bay! Happy early birthday miss Josephine!

December 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM  
Unknown said...

I'm so with you on bubbles! Luckily my hubby likes it too :)

Maybe we'll have to pop open a bottle sometime!

December 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM  
Unknown said...

I love the bubbles. My hubby not so much. I usually get him to join me and have a class at New Years. This year we are going to be tourists in our own town for New Years and we are taking the kids and staying at the Marriott downtown. We may have to crack a bottle of the bubbly after the kids are asleep.

December 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails