Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Beach Life: Family Style

Well, we just got back from more traveling in the sunshine! I know! I'm back in the city and finding my groove again amongst the raindrops. I've also already had sushi and done all of the holiday laundry, so that's a win win. We flew to Phoenix and then on to Tampa to meet up with my husbands l-a-r-g-e family for a much overdue family reunion. For the last week we have been hanging out at St. Pete beach in sunny Florida, which is a pretty decent place for a family meet up. I'm also pretty sure that this past week I ate Josie's weight in fried delights, including alligator that I tried for the first time.






When I was growing up I had no aunts or uncles, and subsequently no cousins. Which left our family meet ups to be small. So, it was a real treat to see Ben running around with the troop of his American cousins. They are quite a bit older than him so he'd call them all, 'the teenagers' and admired them insanely which never got old to watch. Luckily for us, they were so good to him and put up with his 4 year old antics.

It has been great to be able to do a couple of trips back to back like this and I give full thanks to my year long maternity leave for making that happen! I go back to work Feb. 9th and I'm starting to stare at the calendar. This has been a fantastic year off from work and I'm so glad of the time that we have been able to spend together and make use of Josie's passport that I got back when she was 8 weeks old.


I'm loving this photo so much and can't wait to get a print made. Josie is on the verge of walking and having Ben hold her hands in the water made her squeal.

5 comments:

Katie said...

That picture melts my heart!

November 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM  

What a lovely location for a reunion! And that last picture is stunning, it will be a great keepsake.

November 22, 2012 at 7:16 AM  
Sarah M said...

So glad you had a good reunion. I love these few pictures of the kids and the beach and yes the one of Ben and Josie is definitely print worthy! Alligator eh? How was that? I bet after all the deep fried stuff salads will be a welcomed meal. ;o)

Enjoy your preparations for the holidays that are so quickly upon us!

November 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM  
Kristin said...

Sun seeker! Good for you. Awesome when you get to see family at the same time! Such gorgeous photos of your wee ones! Welcome back to the rain. I just wish it would turn into snow!

November 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM  
Amanda said...

What a great trip. And that last photo is to die for! My dad spends part of his near year Tampa, but we were thinking the two long flights to get there would be a bit much for a baby and a three-year-old. How did the kids hold up on the flights?

November 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails