Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

In two weeks I'll be part of a panel of inspirational Vancouver bloggers that are coming together to talk about what inspires us to blog and what is our motivation behind each post. When the ladies over at Modern Mama asked if I would share my thoughts as a blogger I jumped at the chance of coming together and having an evening of chatting with other Vancouver moms.

I began blogging back when I was on maternity leave with Ben in 2009 and started writing as a means of a creative outlet; I also wanted to capture the essence of being a mother while living in the city. Blogging has also given me a great opportunity to be able to write about my passions behind being a labour and delivery RN.

On a few occasions I've had questions about the practicality of raising my children in a downtown apartment. Can you really raise a family amongst high rises and concrete?Where do your kids go out to play? What about all the crazies downtown? The noise! The scary streets! They miss out on so much by not living in a house. In a quiet town. On a cul-de-sac (umm...all real questions/statements I've been asked.

Well, I say yes to raising my family in the city and I've been blogging about it here for over 3 years! I am so thankful for the gorgeous photos my husband has taken to documented our life in Vancouver. From the black and white birth photos to the numerous green grassy playground shots with the seawall as the back drop. I love each of the photos that I've posted on my blog. Without his contribution and his kind tolerance of me always asking for 'just one more photos for my blog' my written word would not be as supported or well documented.


Click to register for this Modern Mama blogging event. I'd love to see you there!

3 comments:

This is so awesome! I am so tempted to come just to meet everyone in person! Maybe. ; ) Wishing you all the best with your panel experience!

August 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM  
Michelle said...

That's awesome! Congrats. Have you heard of any Vancouver Blogger events that are not just for Mama's? Good luck at the event! Looks like it will be fun. Happy Long Weekend -Michelle {LiveLoudly}

August 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM  
Michelle Mez said...

Woo, good for you! Congrats - I love other Canadian bloggers!

September 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails