Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Friday Long Weekend Rambles

This weekend it's a long weekend in British Columbia and everyone seems to be in an extra good mood anticipating the arrival of extended down time out in the sunshine. I'm taking the baby and going to visit my sisters and parents on Vancouver Island. Most importantly, I'm fetching sweet Ben who has been away this past week doing a summer day camp with his cousin in Victoria. We have missed Ben so dearly and only having the baby has seemed like a relaxing get away. Funny how that works.

We got dressed up and went to the swanky Hawksworth restaurant at the Hotel Georgia on my birthday; leaving Josie with my sister at our apartment. Josie has been lapping up all the extra one on one attention that she has been getting without big brother Ben around.





I'm guest blogging over at another mama's Vancouver blog, Lilahbility on adjusting to having a second baby. Go over and give Amanda your own tips on going from 1 to 2. I've also been busy writing a product review on some local organic baby bath products over at Vancouver Mom.

What do you have planned for your weekend?




5 comments:

you look gawgeous darlin'!
we are up to some trailer lovin' this weekend...its bound to be an interesting experience with the Bass Coast festival (pretty much a rave) taking over the rest of the campground we are in. gonna be bouncing to the electronic beats all night! ; ) its all part of the adventure, i'm thinkin'

August 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM  
kristin said...

sounds like such a fun time! i am so LOVING that last shot! so adorable!!

August 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM  
Margarita Reczek said...

What a cute picture of Josie! She looks so adorable :) I hope you had fun at Hawksworth, it's one of my fave places to go out in Vancouver :)

August 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM  

We had a great time and the food was delicious! I really liked the 'grown up' ambience and the room. I also appreciated that people were dressed up. Vancouver is so notorious for its casualness that wind breakers and yoga pants seem legit for fine dining, that it was a refreshing change!

August 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM  
blue0116 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. August 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails