Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

33 Things

1.My favourite shade of lipstick is Wild Plum by Aveda. So favourite that it could be called 'my signature' shade.
2.I am a good friend.
3.I buy lovely cards for various occasions and have dozens of them stashed away in my vanity. I'm always on the look out for a perfect card for someone in my life.
4.Fresh sheets on my bed make me feel happy.
5.My love of candles is so fierce that on a recent trip to Ikea I stocked up on their vanilla scented ones.
6.My middle name is Gail. So, my whole name is Andrea Gail much like the boat in that old George Clooney movie, 'The Perfect Storm'.


7.I didn't always love having sisters as a kid but as an adult I love my sisters!
8.I met my husband ON LINE. Back in the day when it wasn't really cool to talk about it.
9.Every day I have a bit of chocolate.
10.Usually it is Lindt's 65% dark chocolate.
11.Any day that has a massage in it is the perfect day in my world.
12.Hawaii is my idea of a perfect vacation. Maui being my island of choice.
13.I like tuna sandwiches.

14.I'm planning to breastfeed longer, this time around, than the 12 months I did with Ben.
15.I like to tweet and am on Twitter as @Apartment_Mama
16.I don't like talking on the phone. It's not a phobia, I just don't enjoy long phone conversations.
17.However, I'd totally write you a letter!
18.If I had an afternoon to myself I'd have a nap.
19.I still think it is interesting that my older sister and I have pretty standard 70's names (Sarah and Andrea) but our younger sister has a more unique name (Glynis).
20.Growing up I lived in a yellow house.
21.I hate small talk in taxi cabs.

22.On my 30th birthday my husband gave me an orchid lei; it smelled so divine.
23.My favourite glass of wine would be Kim Crawford's Sauvignon Blanc.
24.I am really sentimental when it comes to my babies.
25.If we hadn't of named her Josephine she was going to be Claudia or Elise.
26.I waited till the birth of both my babies to learn their sex.
27.This past weekend I watch 'Silent House'.
28.I love a good scary movie! The scarier the better!
29.Sometimes I text back and forth with my husband when he is in the next room.
30.My favourite ice cream is a tie between chocolate chip mint and chocolate.


On my 30th birthday wearing a special gift from my husband. A month later we had a two week holiday in Hawaii.

31.Back when I turned 31 it was my 'Champagne Birthday' as I was 31 on the 31st!
32.I have hardly worn high heels since I had my first baby back in 2008.
33.Today is my birthday! I'm 33 years old!



21 comments:

Love this idea. That picture of you is beautiful. Happy Birthday.

July 31, 2012 at 8:56 AM  
Natasha Hurst said...

Great blog Andrea! Love the 33 things...I may have to copy you and do my upcoming 34- Hehe! I met my husband online when it was uncool too. Funny :-) Love your list and we have a lot of similarities! Wishing you a fun filled b-day!

July 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM  
Amanda said...

Happy birthday! I will be following in your 33-year-old footsteps in EXACTLY one month!

July 31, 2012 at 9:37 AM  
Mrs Loquacious said...

Happy birthday!! 33 is a good year. :)

You know, I don't know you "in real life" but I'm in Yaletown. We should totally play-date.

July 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM  
huntersprize said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a good one. And I do love the name Josephine but Elise is pretty awesome as well. ;)

July 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM  
mitzi said...

play date too!


happy birthday!

July 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM  

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day!

July 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM  

Well happy birthday to you lovely lady!! What a great post and way of telling us a bit about you! Love it! I am bookmarking this for my next birthday in January. What a fun idea! Happy 33rd to you Andrea!! Cheers. I wish I had a glass of Kim Crawford's Sauvignon Blanc to toast you with!

July 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM  
Barb said...

Happy Birthday!! I enjoy reading your blog!!

July 31, 2012 at 9:43 PM  

Yes do it! I had a great casual birthday. Such a nice day :)

August 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM  

Oh, I did! My older child is off at day camp with my sisters family, so I only had the baby. What a difference in the relaxation department ;) tee hee

August 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM  

Yes, Mitzi! Play date for sure! Will be fun to see M and J rolling around together hehe

August 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM  

Our baby girls would have been name twins ;)

August 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM  

Yes! And if you ever see me out and about don't hesitate to say hello! I've met lots of my local readers at the parks and playgrounds and appreciate it so much when they stop to say hello!

August 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Yahoo for birthdays!! What is your EDD from your birthday? Is there any chance baby and you could share the date? I've had that happen only once in my time as a maternity RN.

August 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Funny how times have changed hey Natasha. Back when we met on line it was very uncool to admit that you had a boyfriend and you had met on line. Now it happens all the time!

August 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM  

Lisa, you are so sweet. Thank you xo

August 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Amanda said...

Haha, I hope not! My EDD is August 7, and MY birthday is August 31st. I'm in no rush to have this baby, but I certainly hope I'm not still gestating by my 33rd birthday!!! :)

August 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM  
harrietglynn said...

Happy Birthday. Great shot.

August 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM  
blue0116 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. August 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails