Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

I Am A Blogger: Vancouver Mom Blogging Event

Back in the Spring of 2010 I made it onto a list of Vancouver Mom bloggers and went to a tiny party at an East Van photography studio to celebrate. I drank raspberry punch and mingled with about 20 or so fellow Vancouver mom bloggers and it was pretty awesome.

The following year we all met up once again to celebrate the next batch of nominated Vancouver Mom bloggers. With a bit more writing under my belt, I felt a lot more confident and it felt easier to meet new people.

This year the trend of celebrating Vancouver mom bloggers continued and I just got home from a fun evening celebrating the current new Vancouver Mom bloggers over at the Museum of Vancouver . I donned a NON nursing bra and went solo to this much anticipated evening.




It's a funny thing to meet people from the land of blogging at an event. I am no stranger to the internet meet up, I did meet my husband on line back in the day before people talked about it openly. However, there is still a little bit of nerves that go along with mixing my on line world with the real world.

It was great to meet some of my comrades in person. A special hello to: Lisa at Schwartz Chronicles, Harriet from See Theo Run, Katie the talent behind World By Smith and Erin of Mummy and Monkey. There were so many other fabulous bloggers that I met up with and it is really amazing what a great community exists out there.


6 comments:

Sarah M. said...

You look fabulous Andrea!  Glad you got to put on a "feel good bra"  and have a wonderful night out. 

June 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM  
Harriet said...

I was great seeing you. You still glow! Stop it would ya?! *lol* Such a great night. Still buzzing.

June 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Nadine_Waters said...

You are fab fab fab! Love this blog and have been following it for over a year now. 

June 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM  

It was great to meet you in person. I had a great night and meeting you was icing on the cake.

June 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM  

Yes! I'm happy your lovely face was the first one I saw when I walked through the doors (along with Amanda's belly (seriously my eyes gravitate to all pregnant ladies!).

June 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM  
blue0116 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. August 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails