Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

It Was My Day And It Was Great


Starting the day off by sleeping in till 10 AM is a perfect present for a mama. While not quite like the old days of sleeping in, it was still me in my bed till 10 AM. Woken up with hot coffee and a croissant and a baby ready to eat. The croissant tasted extra delicious as my diet has been quite lean these past 6 weeks.

An afternoon grassy picnic with my family of 4 followed, complete with a cold bottle of white and a perfectly packed basket. My husband treated me to a delicious array of homemade goodness, I'm very thankful for a man who can cook!



Our baby girl impressed us with her sweet nature and we marvelled over the fact that she was 4 months old that very day. She is a chubby bubby with thick baby rolls and bald with only a smattering of hair. So, we thought we would try to see what she would look like with a bunch of brunette strands. The picture speaks volumes.





Every single one of us picnicked that day. Nursing in the grass on a sun filled day may seem glamorous, but there were pebbles and sticks coating the ground. Nonetheless, I did adore being able to bask in the fresh air and the cool grass and nurse my girl.



Each of my babes had their own quiet moment. A post milk nap for the baby and a perfect grass angel for my boy. There was no fighting or tears or general upset. Just a nice low key family picnic.






How did you celebrate Mother's Day?



9 comments:

kristin said...

oh how delicious is this post!  love it!  love how gorgeous you are in pearls as you breast feed josie on the grass.  love the sleeping babes...and such delish food!  how great.  happy mother's day to you!  

May 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM  
Newgreenbarb said...

Very glam breastfeeding shot! Luscious mama for sure!

May 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM  
hillary said...

These photos are absolutely beautiful. I celebrated my first Mother's Day with the birth of my first nephew :) 

May 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Wow! What a great way to celebrate Mother's Day...by having a baby! Congratulations auntie!

May 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM  
Julia said...

Totally gorgeous nursing photo!!

May 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM  
Jessica_Heslop said...

Yummy mummy and so glad to see you had a nice day too.

May 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM  
Heidi said...

this looks like the perfect Mother's Day picnic.  looks so peaceful and summery.  and being a food-lover, i just have to ask - what is that most delicious looking salad???  recipe please!

May 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM  
Ljdewitt said...

I especially enjoyed the two pictures of baby girl on a pink blanket, and the picture of Ben. Love Laurel

May 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM  
blue0116 said...

il concepteur principal développé des bagages pour les amateurs de vacances tout au long de Venise à partir des années 1800 au sein rapide. Tout au long de 1854, Louis Vuitton Pas Cher a lancé la création de son propre fournisseur de qui visait à créer des bagages. Il continue à bagages de style pour des délais nombreux et a également lancé la création de sacs à travers 1892 que ne peut évidemment être exactement ce que cette société peut être réputée pour aujourd'hui.da

August 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails