Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Seawall Walkabouts With Mama and Her Babies

The one thing that has been very memorable from the last three months is the walkabouts we've gone on each day. Starting back when Josie was just 6 days old, we have been walking the seawall together. Rain or shine, and even on the roughest days, we go out and about all together. The only time we did not venture out was back during the Great Sickness of 2012 (remember the ruptured eardrum event, oh my!).






We have done a lot of strolling with my only goal being to go and get a cup of coffee. Great things happens when coffee and walking is involved. We stop and play at the park along the way, we look for clams and count boats in the harbour. We wave to neighbours and Ben plays with his little friends, old and new.

It's all rather lovely and I am so happy to be enjoying a whole year of maternity leave. How wonderful is it that I get to stay at home with this silly cute boy and my sweet growing baby girl. They are both flourishing so much and the time away from work is doing us all wonders. It is just us and time, with no rushing, urgency or shift work to attend to.


Even during our hardest nights and the most crazy days, I can still slap on some sunglasses and throw a big scarf around me and head out the door. Going out for a walkabout means that I can avoid the big pile of dirty dishes accumulating in the kitchen sink for just a little bit longer. In fact, going on these daily walks is a great way to avoid housework and less mess is created when you are out of the house.







I cannot wait for Summertime to come and find us. For all those moments where we can run out the door, dashing out in our flip flops and t-shirts. Baby Josie will be old enough to sit up on her own while we lounge and play in the grass together. It's going to be wonderful.

5 comments:

kristin said...

i just love love love this post for so many reasons!  
1.  i love walks with my kids too!
2.  i totally miss that walk that you do along the seawall!  i love everything about it. so much to see, people watching, water watching, boats, coffee, the trees in bloom....love it!  
3.  i totally just fantasized about bringing my girls down to the seawall and showing them where mommy and daddy (and our dog back then) used to walk AND..... how cool would that be if we ran into you out and about!  
4.  Josie!!!!  How delish!  Love her tummy!  Oh, squish!  

Anyway, when I do bring my girls into the city, (I'm totally inspired!), I'll let you know where we'll be laying down our blanket for a morning snack and coffee.  Would love for you to join us!  

April 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM  

Thanks so much Kristin! We do the seawall walk daily and it is a definite mood booster for me. Even on the grey days but I really do love it when there is sunshine galore. You should totally bring your girls into the city!

April 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM  

Ah. Your post is very peaceful.  Love those lazy days when you can just wander and do whatever you please. 

April 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Thanks Marilyn, I am really trying to find those moments now while we don't have a school schedule to follow. I know it will all change soon enough!

April 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM  
blue0116 said...

Si vous êtes engagé dans la vogue ou si vous voulez garder le même rythme avec la tendance, Christian Louboutin chaussures pourrait être votre meilleur choix. En 2009, la série Christian Louboutin est sans aucun doute les pompes de mode de haut niveau. Ces pompes sont portés par des célébrités du monde entier. Ils sont les chaussures les plus branchés et les plus désiré sur le marché. Une paire de talons Christian Louboutin belles fera de votre vie pleine de charme et de vitalité.cxrf

August 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails