Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Welcome Tea Party For Baby Josie

Last weekend my family came from out of town and hosted an afternoon tea party to welcome their newest family member, Miss. Josephine Elise. She donned her fanciest frock and family and close old friends gathered together to properly meet this new baby.








The tea was flowing and the sugary treats were baked and served amidst a whole lot of baby loving. It felt wonderful to be surrounded by so many amazing women who were all excited to meet my daughter. Knowing that each woman present will watch Josie grow up over the years to come is heart bursting and I feel the love!





My sister arranged for the tea party guests to write personalized love notes to the guest of honor, giving her advice and words of wisdom for her. Now each card is tucked away in a special box for her to read as she grows up. I loved this touch and it was so special for me to read what each guest wrote for my daughter.





Thank you to my both of my sisters and my mum for hosting such a special event for my baby, and for the ladies in my life for taking the time to welcome Josie.

7 comments:

Mum said...

we were so pleased to be able to welcome Josie into the family and share her with friends.

February 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM  
huntersprize said...

Aw, post baby showers are the best, I think! If someone asks to throw one for us this time around, I think it's the only way to go. I'd rather it be about the baby and not about the gifts. :)

I didn't catch that her middle name is Elise. This is our baby girl name, and I love how elegant it is.

February 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

Oh wow! My husband picked her middle name. Was also on the short list for first names before we settled on Josie..which was about 30 hours after birth. We actually didn't finalize her middle name until about a week ago. hehe. We are slow like that ;)
I'm a fan of the baby baby shower. I'm too superstitious, from my field of work, to have one prior to the birth. I also love the chance to get a lot of visiting done at one time. Because really, people want to see the baby!

February 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM  

...and your brownies and lemon square were a big hit too!

February 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM  
huntersprize said...

 It really is a perfect middle name. We want to pair Elise with Taylor, but we'll see what happens. Both Chris and I have Grandma Bonnie's and we are toying around with adding that in front. Just not sure if it's a good old fashioned name yet. However, we are in BIG trouble if we have a boy. He will come home without a name, I'm sure!

I was against a 2nd shower at first, but my mom reminded me that every baby should have a shower, so as long as it's more about meeting my baby and less about what I get, I can handle it. Plus, I hate playing guessing games and the like, which seems less likely at a shower with a real baby.

February 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM  
Hillary said...

That looks absolutely lovely! How nice to be surrounded by so much positive energy. I also like the idea of having a welcome party after the baby arrives. 

February 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM  
blue0116 said...

Doudoune Moncler peut être porté sur ces deux occasions formelles et informelles. Comme des d?ners, sorties avec des associés, rendez-vous loin sortie, etc partie déjeuner sont tous les endroits appropriés pour le cuir élimé Halter-dessus. Cette robe sensuelle électrisante va générer vous contacter haute à n'importe quel endroit. Accorde une grande renforcent à votre style dans cette robe style enchanteur doux et confortable.
hg

August 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails