Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Ramble Me This. Ramble Me That

Oh, how I have missed you! We have been in a terrible rut over here this past week and a half. A rut so deep there was no idle time for writing, thinking or commanding my husband to edit miscellaneous photos for my blog.

No one enjoys reading blog posts about where you go on and on about how sick you all were, so I will just give you a caption. 'Two Ruptured Ear Drums! One for me! One for Ben!'

Oh, and ear infections are said NOT to be contagious but me and Ben are two peas in a pod right now. I think I must have got a sympathy one for my dear little boy.

I haven't gone out and about in a long time and was recently feeling the cabin fever of being cooped up in our apartment with sickness and a baby. Luckily, the excruciating ear pain kept me good and distracted! Let me be the first to say, I'd rather have a few good labour contractions than the pain of a ruptured ear drum. Or at least give me some good ol' Entonox to puff!

I'll be back with something fabulous soon. In the meantime check out some other blogs I like to read!

New blogger Jenna blogged all through her single mama adventure in Central America and is now back home in Vancouver. Read about her adventures over at Solo Mama On The Move

Mitzi, also a registered nurse in Vancouver, writes about being a first time mama to her Winter baby boy. Catch her at East Van Baby

Another new Winter mama had her second baby boy and he is luscious and plump and delightful to look at! She writes from Minneapolis over at her blog A Graceful Disaster.

Sending healthy warm weather wishes to all of you readers!

7 comments:

huntersprize said...

Oh goodness, that sounds terrible! I hope you both feel better soon! 

February 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM  
Jenna Hanson said...

YUCK. Ruptured eardrums really are very painful. You must be miserable. Hope both yours and your little guys heal soon.

February 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM  
Sarah M. said...

Sorry to hear Andrea, that's no fun.  I'm sure Alex is taking good care of you all though.  Hope you and Ben feel better quick so you can get out and into the fresh air.  

February 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM  
Ashley said...

Ouch!  Glad to hear you're slowly on the mend and hopefully it'll be nothing but sunshine and outings for you and your little family!

February 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM  
Lindley said...

I once had a ruptured ear drum and the next day had a 9 hour flight home. It was such misery so I took advantage of the hard liquor on the plane. Hope it mends soon.

February 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM  
AJ said...

Love the blog links! Hope you feel better soon!

February 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM  
AliRose said...

Major bummer, but thanks for the link, that was so nice of you! Life is so crazy with two little ones I am constantly feeling out of the loop with the internets! I just saw this today for goodness sakes!

March 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails