Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

A Quick Get Away With My Husband

My husband and I just went away for an overnight getaway and it was perfect. It turned out to be a great treat to go and be able to spend some down time together. We were really lucky that my little sis was able to come over and hang out with Ben and Maggie the dog too.


Just the two of us.



White Sangria for lunch? Sure!


I actually sort of think he might have enjoyed the relaxation part more than me. Usually my guy is an early morning riser, but this morning I was up before him and he snoozed through until 930 AM. He's been so busy with work lately so it was nice to see him unwind and really relax without work looming around the corner.

The two of us hung out poolside and walked the village a bit enjoying the mountain scenery. Later in the night we had an Italian feast and just hung out as a couple together mmming over every single bite.



Heading out for dinner in Whistler.


Also, the bed and pillows at the hotel were pure perfection. I woke up feeling so good that it made me realize how not so great my own bed is. I could have sat in that bed all day just hanging out, reading books and sipping coffee.



Coffee in bed? Yes, please!

7 comments:

Lisa S. said...

Sounds like a lovely get away.  My hubby and I are heading on an overnight get away later this month and I cannot wait.
For me fluffy pillows and robes are everything at a hotel:)

August 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM  
WorldbySmith said...

I'm drooling at the idea of having a getaway with my husband! Sangria, yes please! Congrats on your exciting news as well. I hope you stay in the city and rock it out with your two babes...it's awesome and worth it...plus I'd enjoy the company, even if it is only in the blogesphere. At first I was scared about small living space and having them share a room...9 m in and it really has been no big deal. Can't wait to hear the adventures.

August 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM  
Tarable said...
kristin said...

Ahhhhhh devine!   Fresh mountain air, stunning views and coffee in bed!  Yay for you both!  

August 7, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

We plan to stay put! I think it is a doable for sure. Plus I really love the 'out and about' easy feel that living downtown gives me. Just pop out and it feels like I've gone somewhere.

August 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

I love going up to Whistler for a quick weekend, or even one night. It just *feels* like you've gone somewhere for a holiday!

August 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM  
Sarah M. said...

you guys are so good at getting couple time, good for you two!  won't say i hope you had a great time b/c how could you not?!

August 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails