Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Hold Me Tight Dad! The PNE Tradition Continues

Last week we celebrated a Vancouver Summer tradition and headed to the PNE for the day. My husband loves a good fair, especially the selection of fair food and this year there was BBQ to eat. Being a Floridian, my man loves good authentic BBQ!

To express to you just how much he loves a Summer fair, in August 2008 I was big and pregnant with Ben and had absolutely no interest in walking around in the heat for hours. So, he left me at home to relax and took in a showing of Super Dogs and bags of mini donuts by himself. He had a grand time!

Of course, the following year we toted Ben around the fair grounds as a family of 3. Ben hung out on my hip in his sling and enjoyed the outing (and possibly had a little lick of a donut).

Hosted by imgur.com
2009


Then last year we met up with my sisters and their families for a whole day of fair madness. We all ingested a lot of deliciousness that even included a tasting of deep fried Oreos.


2010

This year the tradition held up and we were there on opening day. Ben loved going on all the rides and my husband loved to indulge him. Sometimes he'd choose to go on alone and sometimes he was with his cousins or his daddy.

Ben picked the children's roller coaster to go on and this proved to be a memory in the making!



2011


Can you see the fear on his face? Ahh! He told me he didn't want to go on this ride ever again.

13 comments:

Glynis said...

Love that face! Gripping on to Dad's arm on a scary ride, and loving it, I bet.

August 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM  
Amanda said...

Haha, that's a precious photo, though. I bet by next year he'll be begging to go on the roller coaster again!

August 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM  
Ashley said...

Awww poor little guy!  I remember getting talked into the children's roller coaster with my brother when I was young - and considering the nausea that comes with the ferris wheel for me it didn't go so well.  I agree with Ben - I'll never do it again either :)

August 28, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Just wait till next year. He'll be all over it. :)

August 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

He actually told me later how he did not like it at all!! Maybe next year?!

August 28, 2011 at 6:41 PM  
Lisa S. said...

Sarah chose this roller coaster this year.  I was surprised as she is very cautious.  We went on it together and her face pretty much mirrored Ben's.

August 28, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

That's what I'm thinking Marilyn. I'm sure he will forget all about this traumatizing experience by then haha.

August 28, 2011 at 8:15 PM  
Margarita said...

Oh that is just adorable! I love that you continue this tradition - you should do so even when you are a grandmother, that would make a lovely book of pictures! He is so adorable.

August 28, 2011 at 8:16 PM  
Lindsey said...

I absolutely love this pic! You really can see the fear, lol! He will enjoy this when he's older!

August 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM  
Organic Mama said...

Deep fried Oreos?! Why haven't I heard of these before? Yum!

August 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM  
Organic Mama said...

p.s. I'm sure next year he'll be BEGGING you to let him back on that ride! :)

August 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM  
Harriet Glynn said...

We haven't gone yet mainly because I'M afraid of the rides. Pretty sure Theo would be all over them. That ... and the ice cream ;)

September 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

Next year would be an awesome time to take Theo. You guys will love it! Such a fun family time.

September 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails