Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Last year I was lucky to be voted as one of Vancouver Mom's Top 30 Bloggers. There was even a party where I got to meet and mingle with some of the other great Vancouver bloggers! So, I was pretty excited when the call went out to nominate a new group of 30 bloggers for 2011. I read a handful of local Vancouver blogs and one in particular caught my eye for her specific journey in motherhood.

Let me introduce you to fellow Mama in the City, Cherie Ehlert-Cox. She's the mom behind the blog Sweet Charlie-Anne o’ Mine. Cherie lives in the city with her 22 month old daughter Charlie-Anne who, at six months old, was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1 (SMA) a terminal genetic disorder. Go check out her blog here.



Over at Vancouver Mom, Cherie had this to say:

"When my daughter Charlie-Anne was diagnosed, we were told she only had a few months to live. After the extreme shock and disbelief began to subside, I decided to start my blog so that I would always have proof of my little angel (and to brag about how great she was!). I didn’t want to forget one. single. moment. spent with Charlie. Here we are 16 months later and she’s still here, and I’m STILL blogging about her!"

So, go ahead and vote for her blog! You can vote for her blog here.

5 comments:

Thanks for the recommendation. I have added her to my google reader and have read back to the beginning. A great blog.

May 2, 2011 at 10:05 PM  
Marie Harder said...

What a CUTE baby. Love that her story is being highlighted like this. I'm off to check out the voting polls (this is much more fun to vote on than what we did yesterday!).

May 3, 2011 at 3:00 PM  
Cehlert77 said...

You're the sweetest!

xo

May 4, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

I was happy to nominate you!

May 5, 2011 at 9:53 AM  
H Fancott said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous little girl, same age as my son. Thanks for the rec.

May 6, 2011 at 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails