Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Things I Learned This Weekend:

An afternoon matinee is a great way to relax and spend time with my husband, and it's even better when it turns out to be a good movie too.


My husband's request for a birthday ice cream pie was made possible thanks to Mario's Gelati (move over Dairy Queen).


I need more sleep than I actually get, but we all know that about me by now.

Funny maneuvers in the operating room during a c-section, at the end of a busy shift, will leave me with aches and pains in weird spots and a need for high doses of Advil.


A glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc while visiting with a girlfriend is the perfect way to start a Friday evening. Even if that evening ends by 10 PM and I'm in bed by 11 PM.


Having a clean and tidy house has a direct impact on my level of happiness level.

Related Posts with Thumbnails