Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Wine Friday and Nacho Night

My Friday nights have really changed over the last few years. I don't really mind too much and I quite enjoy my quite relaxed nights at home. Especially as I am recovering from a gross cold and dental work that coincided during an off day. It turns out that going for dental work when you have a cold really does suck a lot. Even though the receptionist swears that it is a good idea for you to come in, since everyone wears a mask and this time was reserved for you, it really is not a good idea to have 3 hours of dental work done when you can't breathe out of your nose. It's just not, end of story.

That experience the other day makes for a quiet Friday evening so much more relaxing and needed. I thought I would pick up a bottle of my 'of the moment' favourite bottle of white wine; which just so happens to be New Zealand's Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. This wine is extremely delicious and is now my new favourite go to white.

I am sure that a bottle of this wine paired with a perfectly made dinner would be nice weekend treat, but I decided to go in a different direction and it was nachos for dinner instead. This is me, keeping it real on a Friday night! Happy weekend to those who get to enjoy some days off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails