Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Oh, September! I Really Love You!

I'm one of those people that really really love the month of September. For me, the ninth month means new beginnings and it is my unofficial New Year, probably a leftover feeling from going to school for many years. Forget Spring cleaning, I am into Fall cleaning and starting fresh and looking forward to things to come.

This month I have many things to look forward too. So, instead of doing a recap of things that happened in past months, I am going to tell you about the things that I am looking forward to for this month.




1. September kicks off with my boy turning 2 on the 8th of September, and we have plans to celebrate! I am planning a low key local party that includes the colours blue and green and delicious cupcakes! We picked out an orange Strider bicycles for him, and I just picked it up today. Remember what we gave Ben last year?

2. Vancouver is magical during the month of September, usually we have a bit of an Indian Summer and the colours start to fly! Golden, amber, green, it's lovely! We get to enjoy the changes that Fall bring, we have definite season changes here and I really love that part of living on the west coast. Season changes are a great marker for endings and beginnings, and I happen to see Fall as a beginning. So, here we go!

3. We took Ben back to the local gymnastic club for the Fall semester and we had our first class today. Ben loved every minute of it, he tumbled and rolled and jumped and had a fantastic time. He asked me all day long to go back for 'more'!

4. After working many busy shifts at the hospital, my long awaited vacation time is coming up and I am beyond excited for some down time. I am seriously counting down the shifts until I get to start vacation mode, eight shifts to be exact!

5. September means that I get to go to Kauai, Hawaii with my husband!!!! This one deserves many exclamation points and I can already taste the relaxation that will be had. I worked a little extra so that I could indulge in some rejuvenating spa moments and maybe a poolside drink or two.

So, there you have it! September is going to be one fantastic month and I am in anticipation for the fun things ahead. What is on your calendar for this month?

Related Posts with Thumbnails