Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Summer is in full bloom in the city, the days are hot and blazingly perfect and my family loves it. This means that I am in full summertime mode and enjoying each moment. Vancouver is so lovely during its summer season and is one of the reasons that we put up with months of grey and west coast rain.

I've been wearing my Havaianas all the time and love rocking dark neutral colours for every day wear. I've been on the look out for a pair of navy blue flip flops but haven't been able to find them anywhere. Sigh. I love wearing sandals in the summer and enjoy ditching heavy shoes and socks in lieu of the flip flop. Come on navy blue! Where are you?




Warm summer days are perfect for spending outside at the local water park. For us that means the Granville Island water park just across the way, Ben loves the spray and frolicking in the puddles. It is pure delight for this boy and I can't get enough of his giggly smile as he jumps and plays and sips water from the pretend fire hose.








There is something about hot summer days that makes me fall in love with the scent of lavender. I find spritzing my legs and feet with some lavender infused misting spray, so very refreshing. A spritz is perfect for days with long warm walks on city sidewalks when my legs feel tired.



Summer is the time for ice cream treats and lots of them! I have less guilt giving my boy tasty cold treats when the sun is beating down and we've had a good play time outdoors. We don't indulge too often, so it is a nice exception to enjoy an ice cream cone outside the shop on a summers evening.





I am a summer baby, born at 36 weeks almost 31 years ago on the 31st of July. So, summertime has always been about birthday celebrations too and if you've been reading this blog for awhile, then you know that I love to celebrate birthdays and my own is no exception. Any good reason to celebrate works perfectly for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails