Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Playtime! How do you play?

Recently a brand new dad approached me and asked me 101 questions about taking care of a newborn baby. Now those types of questions I am totally fine with from being a mum and doing what I do for a job. It was his question parenting question that made me stop and think. He asked me, how do I parent my child's playtime? Do I play alongside him or let him play on his own or somewhere in between? I hadn't given much thought to this topic and just do whatever comes naturally to me, sometimes I can be strict but I can be rather silly too!

I play on the floor with Ben and sometimes he goes off and explore on his own. I let him go into rooms without following right behind. My power walks are now these s-l-o-w meandering walks exploring the world with a toddler. It seems that right now Ben has gravitated towards two different types of toys. He will either go for all things that have engines (trucks! cars! bus!) or his brand new doll stroller and baby doll. He loves these two almost equally and can put a good amount of attention into playing with them both.

We have brought the stroller out for our seawall walks with Ben and pushing the stroller keeps his pace up.





Now every time I get his UppaBaby stroller out, he wants to take his out too.





My little apartment baby is so sweet.

3 comments:

Georgina said...

OMG if that isn't the cutest apartment baby, I don't know who is!! You've got a real little sweetheart on your hands. He is so sweet! I love that he has a pink doll stroller!

June 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM  
Leslie said...

Wonderful photos of your boy. Love that he has a dolly!

June 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM  
Sister Sarah said...

So sweet! Gavin can bring his baby and stroller to accompany Ben the next time we visit :)

June 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails