Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Practical or Total Luxury? The Taga Bicycle

The other day I found out about.... a stroller that is also a bicycle. Well, actually it is called a Taga and the claim is that it is a, "child carrier bike and luxury baby stroller in one". I was quite intrigued when I heard about it and couldn't wait to see what they actually meant. In my mind I conjured up an idea of what the contraption would look like and it was pretty much the same thing that I saw. However, in my fabulous mind it was a little bit more sleek.




This new idea was created by Dutch designers over at Taga Bikes. When we were traveling in Holland I was equally impressed and amazed at the amount of parents bicycling with their children on board. Not just one baby on the mama's bicycle but two and we even saw three! Mama's in fancy skirts and high heels would hop on the bicycle and take the children to and from. It was just the way to get around and part of the normal culture. Which is why I can definitely see how this idea came about.

Now, are North America parents ready for a Taga Bike? Could you see yourself taking little Charlie or Anna around town in this?



Don't forget to join the fun and enter this weeks giveaway for a Koo & Popper bunny. Comment on the post below to enter. Contest finishes on June 7th in the AM!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Pretty cool idea, but am I the only one who was bothered by them showing the mother talking on her cell phone while riding the bike? EEEK.

June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM  
Auntie Glyn said...

That commercial was super cheesy but I could totally see people riding this on the seawall.

June 4, 2010 at 10:43 PM  
Henny said...

I would not buy that. It looks huge and awkward. Great concept but it needs a little more work to make me want to go out and buy one.

June 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM  
Tammy said...

WE have a seat that attaches to our bike...(the normal kind)! Our kids have allways LOVED it! For our youngests B-day we just bought a Gator bar! It is awsome! it is like a trail a bike, only you use your kids bike...much more practcal.
So I think there are other solutions...would you ride to the store on that huge bike without your bambino??

June 7, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Tammy...again said...

I should mention I live in the country...so the whole biking to go shopping thing is out of my reach!
for that it would be lovley i'm sure!

June 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails