Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Pancakes! Yes please!

One of my favorite thing to eat is pancakes. If I go out for breakfast I often order a stack of pancakes and seriously love each fluffy bite. I like them hot and in stacks of three with blueberry sauce on the side. I like the ones at the local greasy spoon and I like the lemon and ricotta ones at Bacchus Bistro downtown.

If it is my birthday or a special occasion, I will order pancakes. Sometimes I try to be healthy and order the fruit plate but end up taking one of my husbands pancakes. You can tell that I am plotting this pancake theft in the picture. I think I had 1.5 of those delicious room service pancakes. Yum!


Hosted by imgur.com

There is something about pancakes that make me happy. Maybe it is because they are simple and delicious and easy to make? Pancakes were the first real food that I learned how to cook as a child and I remember on a few occasions whipping up a batch for my family starting as early as in grade 6. My son also loves to devour pancakes as much as I do and this makes me smile. What child doesn't love pancakes?

I enjoy this Pancake Love print by juxtaposeddesign available on Etsy. It captures my thoughts exactly!

Hosted by imgur.com

Maybe tomorrow will be a pancake morning. What about in your house?

Don't forget to vote for Mama in the City over at Vancouver Mom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for you! I also love pancakes and think that the print is pretty cool. Perfect for my kitchen really.

Ciao! Annemarie

May 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM  
Anonymous said...

I'm more of a french toast girl but my little girl adores them and I make sure to make chocolate chip ones for her every weekend!

May 1, 2010 at 10:06 PM  
Sarah said...

Every Sunday in our house is buttermilk pancake day! In October we do pumpkin pancakes. I think you have to be suspicious of people who don't like pancakes. :o)

ps. I'm doing my part and voting daily!

May 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM  
Alyssa said...

I am a lover of pancakes and a lover of your blog. I won't be having any pancakes this weekend but I can vote! Haven't checked back in a few days but will vote today!

-Alyssa

May 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Unknown said...

Just for the record: We totally had pancakes for breakfast today. They were perfectly fluffy and served with strawberries. It was really delicious! Even more perfect, my husband cooked!!

May 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM  
Unknown said...

Pancake morning sounds delightful! We have some awesome pumpkin pancake mix in our pantry just waiting to be eaten :)

May 3, 2010 at 8:50 AM  
Sarah M. said...

growing up, every sunday morning was pancake morning.... even to this day my parents still make pancakes, mostly it's my dad who cooks them now. i have continued that tradition as much as i can. WE LOVE PANCAKES! (and mama in the city)

May 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails