Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

Ramblings From Mama in the City


*Update on my fashion rut*


This morning I decided to give my closet a total over haul and have since sorted through the mass of clothing in my closet, my dresser and my under bed storage. Now, I have less items taking up space and also a huge bag of clothing to donate. Which obviously leaves me in need of some shopping to replenish the stuff I took out. Right?

I've come to the conclusion that my fashion rut is based around foot ware options and since I've been living in the season of closed toed shoes I have had a few issues. I long for my slip on cute flats or my flip flops or some sweet ass sandals. I want to forget the boots and the clunky shoes and rubber boots and stash them away! I want spring to come and let me unleash my closet full of cute flats! Maybe that will be my inspiration?! I am feeling most certain of it! It seems that with cute shoes comes cute outer wear and with that comes pulled together outfits. Fashion rut solved. Let's hope! Seriously, because I can't be wearing the 'mum jean' or the round toe clunky shoe.

In the next 24 hours I will be having dinner out with a girlfriend and a 60 minute massage too. These are two of my very favorite things and always put me in a good mood. It is gorgeous and sunny out and I am roasting almonds in the oven and they smell divine. My boy is sleeping in his crib and when he wakes up he will surely make me laugh and smile with his silly dances and love of playing peek-a-boo. I am loving his toddlerhood so very much.

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

3 comments:

CDunfield said...

We recently started a colour club in the office. Each afternoon we draw a colour that you must wear the next day. It has re-opened my eyes to long forgotten articles of clothing at the back of my closet and gotten me out the black rut I had found myself in.

February 18, 2010 at 3:54 PM  
Sarah said...

I have to laugh... We're travelling to Vancouver in a week, and I'm so looking forward to sporting some great boots and fun sneaks in the place of my dowdy winter boots. Oh the joys of Edmonton. I hear ya though, my wardrobe really shines in the summer, too. Lots of great shoes and bouncy skirts. Enjoy the next 24 hours!!!

February 18, 2010 at 4:44 PM  
Kristine from Cora's Story said...

I'm in such a fashion rut, it couldn't get much worse. Please, please don't think of me any differently. But, I've been *gasp* wearing sweatpants in public. I too long for summer and spring things. I want to wear cute girly skirts every single day. I want to lose the gross tennis shoes and let me feet be free. Come on spring, we need you!

February 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails