Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

It's a Toddler Christmas: Past and 'Present'

I don't remember most of last years holiday festivities or much of Christmas day and I definitely don't have any warm fuzzy memories of my baby's first Christmas. I was so stressed from having a fussy and constant crying infant that I didn't even put up a Christmas tree. Friends with older babies and children told me that the Christmastime was so special when shared with children but I couldn't wrap my head around that at the time. I was just trying to survive that moment, that day and that month.

Last Christmas Ben cried and cried and we wore him in a Bjorn carrier or our Gorgeous Baby sling. We mixed and mingled with the family while standing and swaying with our boy. Our bodies were painful from major sleep deprivation and late evening dance marathons to lull our babe into a slumber. It was tough and stressful and I am so glad for THIS holiday season 2009.

So far this has been a fabulous holiday season and I have dug right into all the fun things that Christmastime can bring. I have not felt stressed or over done and have enjoyed so many sweet moments with my family. Ben had his little friend Brooke over for a Christmas play date and a present exchange. They seemed to get the idea pretty fast and it was sweet to see these two tots together.

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww! Thanks for posting these. Such great pics! Brooke is loving her gift right now! Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM  
Selena said...

Ho Ho Ho what a delightful duo of tots! Hope this Christmas is much much better than your last one and that you get a few moments to sit down and enjoy everything!

December 23, 2009 at 6:06 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Oh I am very glad! Hope the doggie jammies fit that tall girl. Can't wait to snuggle her in the new year!

December 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Thanks Selena. I am hoping to sit down too. I am pretty sure I will be gaining about 20 pounds this Christmas. Last year I had a baby to sling and jiggle and the holiday treats never added up.

December 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Lise in Yaletown said...

I love that last picture. Typical male pose "well, do you think she'll like it?" As a fellow 'we survived colic' mum, I hear you about last year. Metta was colicky, underweight and we three were all sick as dogs. This year is much more fun!

December 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Mama in the City said...

Hey Lise, thanks for the comment and glad to hear from a fellow survivor (hehe). I hope that you and Metta have a sweet Christmas together and enjoy all the smiles and baby belly laughs.

December 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM  
Husband in the City said...

They did very well at exchanging their gifts this year! Maybe next year they'll pick them out.

December 23, 2009 at 11:32 PM  
gorillabuns said...

I don't remember last Christmas as I brought home a newborn. This Christmas? no "newborn" to speak of. Hoping my family can still celebrate without breaking down.

Hope you and your family has a wonderful Christmas!

December 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM  
Charlotte said...

Where are your new posts? I am waiting impatiently for some new MAMA material. Can't wait to hear what little Ben has been up to.

December 29, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails