Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

I'm On The Hunt

With all the hand washing that I do at the hospital, plus the cold dry weather outside, I have noticed the need for some major hand lotion therapy. The combination of the two offenses on my skin is leaving it need of some serious repair and it is only the start of our winter season! One of my top picks for battling this winter skin condition is Kiel's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. It is thick and moisturizes like there is no tomorrow. Plus there is no excess grease or gunk left on top of your skin. I have been using this product for about two years now and it is always a 'must' this time of the year.

Hosted by imgur.com

I am currently searching high and low for the very best moisturizing bath product that is out there. It doesn't have to be fancy but it must be therapeutic. I always add products to the bath water but right now delicious smelling bubbles are just not cutting it. I need some skin therapy that also smells good! Do you have any suggestions for me? A favorite bath product that maybe foams up but also leaves your skin soft? Let me know pronto!

4 comments:

AnotherAFWife said...

I am a shower person so I'm not help when it comes to bath. :D but... I would suggest baby bath products first. I love baby products, they are much more gentle to your skin than adult stuff, plus they smell nice, since you have a kid maybe you can give it a shot.

December 7, 2009 at 12:43 AM  
Kristen said...

Hi Andrea,
I found nothing works for me the way Aveeno does. I just got hooked onto it this winter (and winter time in the Maritimes equals dry skin for me!). I'm amazed at the difference having a little of it in my bath does. It's not great for foaming, but I find the foamy bath products do more to dry out my skin than help anyway.

December 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM  
Mama in the City said...

I bought some of that Aveeno oatmeal bath soak that is suppose to be good for dry skin. Not bubbly or foamy or delicious smelling but I think it will do the trick!!

December 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM  
Heidi said...

Andrea, have you ever tried out the "live clean" products? They have a moisturizing body wash that you might want to give a try. They are eco-friendly, Canadian-made products, and I personally love the smell and feel of the Envigorating body wash, it has a nice creamy lather, even when used on a wash cloth rather than a puff. I haven't tried the "Moisturizing" body wash, but I'm sure it's great too. I've seen the "live clean" products at Superstore and at Shopper's Drug Mart.
Happy bathing,
Heidi

December 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails