Mama in the City

A blog about raising my family in downtown Vancouver

M.I.T.C is M.I.A

Wondering where I have been? Noticing that I haven't been keeping up with my usual regular blog posts? Well, I'm just at home on my days off ,feeling sorry for myself, and lacking the energy to be creative and come up with an interesting awe inspiring read. I won't just post up any old bloggity post either.

Work has been busy and there are many new Vancouver citizens that have entered the world in the past few days and it has left me feeling wiped out. My last shift was on Monday night and I am still feeling the wrath of over extending my body and pushing myself to keep up with the crazy pace that a night shift can bring. Stretching over big pregnant bellies to hear a fetal heart beat, pushing equipment for a STAT delivery and continually walking for 10 plus hours can do a number on your body. All the proper body mechanics go straight out the delivery room door when an emergency is happening.

I need a good nap and possibly a massage but I really don't see that in the near future. So, instead, I will try to go through the motions of being 'mummy' and try not to complain too much to my husband or anyone else who asks me how I am doing.

2 comments:

mama duck said...

Amen sister. Won't you join me at my pity party?

November 18, 2009 at 9:36 AM  
Juliana said...

Oh man! I totally feel like that and I have never worked shift work and my job is not even physical so I cant imagine what you must feel like. Knackered I guess! Hope you get a nap in.

November 18, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails